New Video Card

Puss in Boots

Yeah I am a little late on this but I just upgraded to a EVGA GTX 690 holy shit does that thing weigh a ton has to be about 25-30 pounds but its a beast. Going to go home and try it to see if it fixes my SC2 hots crashing issue, if not oh well runs everything else flawlessly. I have two GTX 560 or GTX 580's can't remember that are available if anyone may need.

It cost met $999.99 after taxes and shipping and everything it was like $1,021 something. Yeah now I need to buy 2 more SSD's and then reinstall everything in the RAID format since I only have 11.7gbs left on my system.

That's what Newegg has it for. I about crapped my pants when I looked at the price and specs. That should last you about 6-7 years haha

I wouldn't say that long they should last me awhile but with as fast as tech advances you never know. I still can't put my control panels settings on my card all the way up then play like SCII with all max settings on as well it runs decent but you can definitely see a major drop in frames. Crysis III fucking flawless its so beautiful. Imagine if I got another one that would be 4 gpu's and would add easily 50 lbs to the case lol. I don't think I will do that for awhile.

Alright. What you, sir, need is a good ole' Radeon HD 7990. Now if you have a hard time getting your hands one of those babies you may... may be able to get away with two Radeon HD 7970. Crossfire that shit together. Now if neither of those work out for you, you're gonna have to get two Titans.

Not and ATI fan I know lots of people that have used them and had issues and they have now switched to Nvidia I will use Nvidia and EVGA until I get let down by one of their cards or products for that matter, can't beat their boards ASUS has a couple that are good.

Don't be a fanboy dude. It depends on the game and the card that you're getting. It's not like... one is good and one isn't. It will never be that way.

Don't be a fanboy dude. It depends on the game and the card that you're getting. It's not like... one is good and one isn't. It will never be that way.

From a marketing/advertising standpoint, there is a difference between being a "fanboy" and having "brand loyalty." He's not gushing about Nividia/EVGA while ignoring any shortcomings. He's simply saying he buys those brands because he has never been let down by it and before he had to make the decision in the first place, he asked around and received stories of problems with ATI products.

This happens all the time with any kind of product ranging from cars to cookies. It doesn't make someone a fanboy. Fanboys blindly bash a competitive product and he's not doing that at all. He just said what he heard and chose based on that information. We do that all the time in life.

From a marketing/advertising standpoint, there is a difference between being a "fanboy" and having "brand loyalty." He's not gushing about Nividia/EVGA while ignoring any shortcomings. He's simply saying he buys those brands because he has never been let down by it and before he had to make the decision in the first place, he asked around and received stories of problems with ATI products.

This happens all the time with any kind of product ranging from cars to cookies. It doesn't make someone a fanboy. Fanboys blindly bash a competitive product and he's not doing that at all. He just said what he heard and chose based on that information. We do that all the time in life.

I guess I misspoke when I called him a fanboy. But that doesn't change my statement. They are both good companies with good cards. And it does depend on the types of games that you play. If you're going to sway from half of the good cards and half of the good deals out there because you heard some stories, go ahead.

I guess I misspoke when I called him a fanboy. But that doesn't change my statement. They are both good companies with good cards. And it does depend on the types of games that you play. If you're going to sway from half of the good cards and half of the good deals out there because you heard some stories, go ahead.

And that doesn't change the statement I am about to make - RAGING MORNING WOOD.

That is all.

• 2 weeks later...