Newbie here

PhoenixSS

I have no idea if there is a specific place for this post, so I apologize in advance if I'm doing it wrong.

I've been playing CS since pre-1.6 days and beyond, back when I had a 14.4k modem with a "ping" well over 300. (300 was considered awesome then). I just started playing CS:GO and love it. I'm absolutely awful, I admit, but I love the old-school feel mixed with the latest in Source Engine rendering.

In any case, I've visited this server enough to know there are regulars who seem to enjoy the game and take it seriously, (if not for just the nostalgia), and I don't feel like I'm playing with a bunch of 12 year old MW2 punks. (My apologies to those of you who may be that age and are mature enough to care.)

In any case, I hope to play with you all more, and learn more about ya'. :)

Thanks,

PhoenixSS
Denver, CO

Hi Phoenix! Thanks for the feedback, that is the type of atmosphere we are trying to have on our forums and server. As a clan we are definitely not 12 year old CoD players. Many of us are in our 20's/30's and some have families, so we don't like drama on our hobbies.

Our leaders are working on drafting an "OSG History" tab, but if you have any questions about the clan or are interested in joining it, feel free to read the application thread in the sub-forum and apply! :)

P.S. I loves me Colorado. Beautiful state.

Thanks gents for the warm welcome!

Gallitin - the SS stands for Sole Survivor, in reference to the[url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Command_%26_Conquer:_Tiberian_series#Sole_Survivor"] C&C series[/url]. I used to participate in league play and there was already someone within the ranks named "Phoenix", so I threw the SS on there and it stuck.