rates for my PC

mattw

Hello.
I'm mattw from Poland. I write here beacause i need help witch my rates, so i just write my settings:

PC:
ATHLON X2 250 3.0GHz
4GB RAM
NVIDIA GTS 250 ( old drivers )

This time i have "100"-"150" fps ( usually "12x" ), so what better rates for my PC?

Best regars, mattw.

EDIT.
My ping is 5 ms = 10~12

(I not play 4fun just esl, 5on5 etc. )

are you using the valve system for matches?

Rate 80000
cl_cmdrate 64
cl_updaterate 64
cl_interp_ratio 1

The reason for this is that the matchmaking sets you up in 64 tick rate servers

if you are playing in ESEA then use settings for 128 tick servers

Rate 80000
cl_cmdrate 128
cl_updaterate 128
cl_interp_ratio 1

cl_cmdrate is the amount of info you send to the server per second and cl_update rate is the amount you receive per second from the server. This is your game, all your shots, movements, angles, enemy locations are updated through these rates so finding the right numbers are crucial.

However, in your case the cl_cmdrate needs be higher than your framerate. CS:GO can send 1 update per frame, so with 100 fps, you will only send 100 update per second even if your rates are set at 128. You should aim to have and update rate +5 over your framerate if you dont reach 128fps. Let me know if this helps out! Good luck!

It should be pointed out that CS:GO and AMD don't get along that well. I have this problem with my AMD phenom processor, best fps i ever get is 120. "They" say that if you update your MOBO bios, it will fix the problem, but it didn't work for me. I've learned to ignore the FPS ingame for the most part, as there is nothing else to be done other than going Intel for my cpu.

[quote name='mattw' timestamp='1354143382' post='4558']
I only can use 108 cmd rate.

EDIT.
Why i can't change this?
[/quote]

Are you changing from console? A lot if severs won't allow it. Needs to be done with an autoexec or within the config file.