Competitive or Classic Mode?

So far everything on the server has been great, but I do miss a few things from old versions of Counter-Strike. What they now call "Competitive" mode was basically what old CS was.

The only things that I was thinking about changing were the following:
-Turn off ability to run through players
-Turn on Friendly Fire
-Turn off automatic body armor, kits, ect...

Everything else would remain the same. When you look for a server to play in for regular CS do you look to see if it's competitive vs casual? What do you guys think good or bad and why? Make sure you vote!

Voted. I'm fine with either way, especially when it comes to body armor, kits, etc. Friendly fire I'm kinda iffy on because people just shoot at their teammates constantly in spawn. I know the reason they allowed running through players now is because trolls would raid servers and block teammates and TK them.

[quote name='Puss in Boots' timestamp='1346803936' post='317']
Voted. I'm fine with either way, especially when it comes to body armor, kits, etc. Friendly fire I'm kinda iffy on because people just shoot at their teammates constantly in spawn. I know the reason they allowed running through players now is because trolls would raid servers and block teammates and TK them.
[/quote]

I would prefer competitive but without constant admin supervision trolls can definitely get out of hand and ruin the server for everyone else.

[quote name='Pachyderp' timestamp='1346809394' post='320']
I would prefer competitive but without constant admin supervision trolls can definitely get out of hand and ruin the server for everyone else.
[/quote]

Yeah working on building our userbase, members, and admins to prevent this. If we make the switch maybe it should be when we have more users in place.

Competitive is my vote.

Though we need to have it set to all spec on, like mentioned above.. no one likes to have to sit back and be stuck on only their team. Free roam is imperative in my opinion.

Also, having the auto-slay for a team-wound in spawn is a great feature. It stops people from going crazy at spawn.

And I agree that we shouldn't make these changes until we have a more consistant userbase of admins on to keep the control. Though I don't think it will ever get too bad, you always get a bad apple. Maybe lowering the vote-kick "yes" percentage down a little bit might help.

But these will all probably come once the admin tools that is currently buggy gets fixed.

Chaaaaaarrrrrrrgeeee!

I like competitive too, I like the spawn slay option for spawn area as well. And definitely like to be able to spec both teams, I think it eliminates a lot of cheating accusations. Sometimes I'll think someone is a bit sketchy and watch them for a few rounds and see that aren't cheating.