Sleeping Dogs

atari

Picked it up during the steam sale back around the holidays because i didn't think it'd be worth checking out "another sandbox game" for full price when i don't really like sandbox games in general.

i'm blown away. it's a great game...i can't stop playing. The story is good, albeit the characters are a bit on the boring side. the gun play is awesome and a lot of the action sequences feel pretty badass. the downside is that the cars handle pretty poorly with a PC, and some of the controls are a tad hard to work with (i think it must be a port).  

but i'd HIGHLY recommend it to anyone who even remotely likes GTA games or action RPGs.

I think I'm going to pick it up next time it goes on sale.

How would you guys put it up against some of the other similar games - GTA IV, Saints Row 3, Just Cause 2?

I'm going to try the demo soon, just wondering what you guys think of it.

haven't played saints row 3 (or any saints row games)

i don't like GTA or Just Cause 2, but i'd say Sleeping Dogs is closer to GTA in terms of story/gameplay, but does have some of the action elements in Just Cause 2.

it's actually a little weird that i liked Sleeping Dogs so much, yet am not a fan of sandbox games...