Defiance tips and info

Mr K1tty

I've been asked a few times so I thought I'd post some information here to help people out.

Modding Items:

I think you need to be ego 75 or higher to do this.

Weapons can have up to 4 mods: Barrel, Sight/Scope, Stock, and Clip.  There are some mods that provide set bonuses in addition to their normal bonuses.  The only way I've gotten mods like this so far has been through the vendor (Synergy Mods you get 3 random mods and at least 1 of them is blue or better)

Not all weapons start with mod slots, but that's okay you can add them.  To add a mod slot open your inventory and make sure the weapon you want to mod is not equipped.  You need to make sure it's removed from all of your loadouts (at the top of the loadout tab next to where it says your class there's number [1][2]etc... check all those that are unlocked to make sure.  After it's un-equipped go to the Salvage Matrix tab.  Select the weapon, then you'll have an option for "Add Mod Slot"  double click that and it and if you have enough ark salvage you can click start. 

You can also remove or reclaim mods.  Remove mod just destroys the mod while reclaim takes it out and puts it back in your inventory. 

Adding a mod - instant

Adding a mod slot - 10 minutes

Removing a mod - 2 minutes

Reclaiming a mod - 5 minutes

***WARNING****

There is apparently a bug with the salvage matrix where you can LOOSE the item being modded if you crash out or exit out to the main menu while it's being modded.

I lost freaking awesome light machine gun last night due to this glitch (even though it was not the one I was modding it was the one I had equipped) I put a ticket it but apparently this is a known issue.  It apparently doesn't happen every time but be aware.

Weapon Leveling -

There are two types of weapon leveling.  First is the weapon itself, as you dish out damage the weapon levels up, once it reaches it's max a random bonus will unlock (such as increase damage, faster reloading, etc...) Be aware!  I've heard once your weapon is maxed out it stops leveling the weapon skill.

Weapon Skill is the other type of weapon leveling.  As you use a weapon type it will level, and you'll receive bonuses for all weapons of that type that you use. 

If you're looking for epic weapons, Tier 3 lockboxes are the ones to buy.  They have the best cost to reward ratio currently. 

=^.^=

Yeah, hopefully they address the grey items being better than the blues or even some orange guns ive seen. On another note, at the moment it seems LMGs are the way to go. I destroyed a guy that had 600 EGO when I was around 110, just using my basic LMG I got from a quest at the start.

I gotta say, so far this game makes me want to get a refund.  There's no depth, missions are easy, repetitive, and for the most part boring.  The story line I couldnt tell you about cause it captivates me that much, Arks are a boring spam/dodge fest that become repetitive after the 1st few times doing them, not to mention all the retards that kill the small spiders making for a very long ark event.  Perks are pretty weak for the most part, I've read of people not putting any points into perks and have no problem with the game without them.  There's no social atmosphere that one would expect in any MMO, be it the RPG or TPS types.  And having to replace weapons as you max them, just bugs the shit out of me.  I've wasted lots of scipt modding weapons only to have to replace them a few hours later to continue leveling said weapon skill.  The one mission that I ran like 5 times was worthless, very little loot, mostly money which seems worthless unless your constantly modding.  I haven't PVP yet, probably won't, my understanding is that its full of peeps using the cloak/stealth perk with a sawed off shotty running around one shotting people in the back every 30 seconds, if I wanted that I'd go play WOW.

I'm sitting at 210ish EGO, and have no motivation to bother logging on.

I've looked for these supposed 8 pages of patch notes, and haven't seen anything that defines what they intend to do with this game as they implement new content.

I had high hopes for this one, but so far I'm nothing but disappointed. 

I thought about catching the TV show, but chances are its gonna blow too.

TLDR:  Save your cash if your thinking of picking this one up, at least till they have added more content or buy Borderlands 2!

If you look at their site as well as forums the first DLC is to be released after the first 2 big patches, first one is on the 15th of this month next one is 2 weeks later and after that is the first DLC their are to be 5 DLC packs this year alone. just for anyone else info :D

Well it's so quiet and seems so single player for one small almost insignificant reason...  World chat does not work.  That's right, it's an mmo with broken world/region chat.  It's in fact the exact opposite of barrens chat....

While I've heard people complain about it being easy ... i've also heard an equal number of complaints that the end boss is one of the hardest fights in any video game.  But I dunno ... I haven't been in a hurry to get there yet, I'm going to try to finish the episode quests before the tv show comes out.  This game actually makes me want to watch the show that I had no real interest in before I played it. 

Yes, it needs lots of work, but they're already committed to making big fixes and have announced when they will start to do so.  They've already promised lots of new content over the next year per DLC's which will include things like new races and areas.  So compared to other MMO launches i say it balances out.  I'm going to keep playing it.

=^.^=

I'm almost on board with Hilikus when it comes to wanting a refund, gonna give it a couple more weeks.

as PVP goes its your basic FPS but with zero balance; sniping is pointless, shotties are one shot kills, teams aren't balance and the only effective ego power is cloak/stealth.

And then there is the mic spam, full of ragers and trolls.  Its almost impossible to recover if you get blind sided with an attack, damage over time weapons are also OP.  Once engaged the most effective tactic is bunny hopping and shooting.

This game definitely wasn't ready to be released.

Yeah I like it but I definitely think the perks are dumb and don't really help you unless it is boosting your main selection in the first place, I would have expected some sort of skill tree for choosing based on whatever main perk you selected. I do see how the Arks can get repetitive and annoying seeing as they can take a chunk of time but I kind of like not having to worry about specific tasks and it is more of just staying alive and doing dmg. I will be buying the premium for all DLC's.