iPhone 5 Keynote

Gln

Who's ready? It's starting at 11am CST. You can watch it live here: [url="http://gizmodo.com/5942565/our-iphone-5-mega+meta-liveblog-bonanza-kicks-off-at-12pm-est9am-pst"]http://gizmodo.com/5942565/our-iphone-5-mega+meta-liveblog-bonanza-kicks-off-at-12pm-est9am-pst[/url]

Can't wait for it to be over so I can pre-order it. Anyone else purchasing?

So far, everything is a dud in my opinion. Just more upgrades to cause "Upgrade Exhaustion" that is already rampant amongst the iCommunity. In principle, I am impressed with how far technology is coming. But I have no urge to buy any of this stuff or upgrade any of the iPhones (2G's), the iPod Touch (4th gen) or the iPad (2nd gen) in my house.

The look, processor/ram specs, LTE connection, screen resolution/size and simple fact that apps and iOS will continue to become more robust and require the additional hardware. Are a few just off the top of my head that make it worth it :)

I think people like to complain naturally as I saw too what you are talking about where everyone is jumping on the bandwagon that this phone is no different from the 4s, like they said with the 4, 3gs, 3g, ect...

I have the 4s, but ever since i seen the way there gonna make more f-ing money on it, is really stupid. Why make a charger than doesn't work on any past apple device's? Why make the charge not work on ipod docks, and all the other accessories. because they just want more money. The adapter for the charger is about $40 each. So if you want your iphone 5 to work on all your other apple accessories from the past, Than your gonna be spending more money for no fucking reason. And on that note, They are gonna make so much more money from this, its gonna be crazyy.

PS: LTE IS FUCKING SHIT!

Thank you all :)

oh and the chip they are putting in, its honestly peanuts, its not that muchbetter, if you check the specs. What else jarred me out was the that they made it thinner, its like .7mm, like hahahaha you dropped it 2mm, just so they can call it the thinnest and lightest phone EVER! WOOOO
hahah fags.

Im not hating either i got a 4s and all but, this is just mad ridiculous.

I'll clear some of that up for you.

-The new adapter for the charger is $30. The reason for this is so that they have more room for the bigger battery to accommodate for more surfing and talk time.

-The processor is 2 times the speed of the 4S so you will see a substantial difference, it can process 2 threads instead of 1.

-LTE is the future and the speed of your data while on that network is as fast if not faster than most peoples generic home WIFI.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Gallitin' timestamp='1347630437' post='602']
Ugh late night, got mine ordered though at 2am.
[/quote]

So I've had mine for about a week now. I've always liked the iPhone I wish they would upgrade some of the usabilities in the phone. I had to borrow a buddies android until i got this and i really liked how the android phone merged all the contacts from my facebook to their phone numbers as well as twitter accounts. So i didnt have to go in and add a bunch of pictures to people if i didnt want to. Also even getting between txting and calling someone was super easy on the android. just by swiping left or right on the contact no matter if you were in the phone ap or the txting ap you could automatically get it to do the other just by swiping instead of having to close one application and then open the other and find the contact you were looking for. It was one of the few things i liked about that android that i wish the iphone would implement. i just think they could stream line the ui architecture better than they have. I still wish the screen was bigger than it is too. I get why they didn't do it but at the same time i wish they had haahaha. What do you think of yours?

I'm liking the new speeds for sure when I'm not on wifi. I actually liked my old screen better, this one is longer and harder to fit in my pocket, but I'll get used to it.

You can merge your Twitter/Facebook accounts with your contacts in your settings, I was prompted to do so when I first sync'd my 5 against my iTunes library.

As far as texting the person you are on a call with, I don't know of any solution to that.

[quote name='Gallitin' timestamp='1349101457' post='1085']
I'm liking the new speeds for sure when I'm not on wifi. I actually liked my old screen better, this one is longer and harder to fit in my pocket, but I'll get used to it.

You can merge your Twitter/Facebook accounts with your contacts in your settings, I was prompted to do so when I first sync'd my 5 against my iTunes library.

As far as texting the person you are on a call with, I don't know of any solution to that.
[/quote]

yeah i figured out mine were already merged haha.... it was more while being in the ap not necissarily actually on call so if you are in your call logs you could swipe the name and go to txting or call them and visa versa with texting to calling.

[quote name='Pachyderp' timestamp='1347719629' post='624']
I have a iphone 4s and was hoping to get the 5 but it never really blew me away. Might just wait for Samsung to release this fully flexible phone.

[img]http://i-cdn.phonearena.com/images/articles/64502-image/Samsung-flexible-AMOLED-display-CES.png[/img]
[/quote]
dude if you find anything else on this phone post it i'm really intrigued.

I hopped onto the Windows Phone 7 bandwagon when it came out. Definitely the best phone I've ever owned.. however it just isn't techy enough for me. My plan is up in January.. was planning on getting the S3.. but they just released all the info on the Windows Phone 8 devices from HTC and Nokia and I might be swayed to stay. Nokias can charge wirelessly.. i mean cmon thats just awesome!

[quote name='SylenT' timestamp='1349105471' post='1148']
I hopped onto the Windows Phone 7 bandwagon when it came out. Definitely the best phone I've ever owned.. however it just isn't techy enough for me. My plan is up in January.. was planning on getting the S3.. but they just released all the info on the Windows Phone 8 devices from HTC and Nokia and I might be swayed to stay. Nokias can charge wirelessly.. i mean cmon thats just awesome!
[/quote]

Last Windows phone I had was the Mogul back around 2007 and I thought the Windows interface was junk. Has it gotten better then?

Yea the old windows phones were garbage. The new interface is rock solid and I've never had a single issue with this phone. Which is pretty rare. They are making changes to the interface again in WP8 all of which are positives.

Heres a look at the best 3 coming out soon:
[url="http://www.wpcentral.com/comparison-htc-8x-samsung-ativ-s-and-nokia-lumia-920"]http://www.wpcentral...nokia-lumia-920[/url]

[quote name='efekt' timestamp='1349105854' post='1155']
I heard samgsung is unveiling s4 in feb 2013. My fiance had a windows. Didnt really care for them.
[/quote]

I better wait to see what thats all about before I upgrade then.

[quote name='Gallitin' timestamp='1349105562' post='1150']
Last Windows phone I had was the Mogul back around 2007 and I thought the Windows interface was junk. Has it gotten better then?
[/quote] You have missed a lot my friend. Windows Phone is very new. You had Windows Mobile which was complete junk. Soon Windows Phone 8 will be out and every application you get will be usable on every platform across the board such as tablets, PC and phone devices.

Since Windows and Nokia partnered up they are pumping out some crazy good phones. Pretty soon the Lumia 920 is coming out and I can't wait. As well as the Microsoft Surface which is going to be a beast of a tablet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=V8_Z7_kJ3_g

I have been a big fan of design and usability over these past couple years and iPhone kind of just bores me. Their ecosystem isn't really anything I want a part of because I can take care of all that stuff on my own. The biggest problem people are having is the realization that iPhone is no longer about redesigning and being revolutionary. It's all refinement and taking care of the little details in their operating system while bringing in new features and making sure everything works such as siri and maps.

That being said I will most likely go from android which has definitely grown up a lot to windows phone 8. I can't wait. I definitely want a Surface too.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Av8NlAbPZi8[/media] for the surface