Animevt-unban please

[font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(24, 24, 24)]1. Alias: Animevt/YA RLY[/background][/size][/font]
[font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(24, 24, 24)]2. Steam ID: [/background][/size][/font][color=#CCCCCC][font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][size=2][background=rgb(40, 40, 40)]STEAM_0:0:44947669[/background][/size][/font][/color]
[font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(24, 24, 24)]3. Server: 32 slot casual server [/background][/size][/font]
[font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(24, 24, 24)]4. Date and Time of Ban: jan 2 8pm ish?[/background][/size][/font]
[font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(24, 24, 24)]5. What Led to the Ban/Your Side of Story: So my friend told me I got banned for hacking. I can explain my actions and what not if the admin who banned me would let me see a demo. This has happened on a couple servers before and I proved myself innocent.[/background][/size][/font]

I have a question, and if you answer yes, it doesn't necessarily mean you will remain banned... In fact if I ask and you come clean it would look very honorable.

Do you ghost while playing with your friend?

(Not going to lie myself....I've done it in pubs over the years, I think everyone has at some point)

Chaaaaaarrrrrrrgeeee!

Sometimes yes, it's just fun and games might as well enjoy playing with friends. That being said the friends I play with are kinda bad so helping them out doesn't even get them a 1:1 kd.

Edit: If you want to ask anymore questions feel free to add me on steam, steam name is anime81.

[quote name='animevt' timestamp='1357273394' post='6133']
So I'm staying banned for this?
[/quote]

As far as I'm aware, a decision hasn't been made either way. Patience would be a virtue in this matter. My question to you is, whats your history with RAD clan?

So $7 and a game of CS gets me unbanned? I won't be able to get the same scores like I do in the server anyways simply because it's a competitive play with way less people. Either way I have never played competitive cs sorry if I dissapoint you.

RAD clan. They were some nice people I enjoyed playing there and I was perm banned from their server. To start out I was a regular at RAD, and yes they thought I was a hacker http://www.radclan.net/showthread.php/5716-Anime I proved myself innocent. They placed some restrictions on me such as starting with 70 hp instead of 100, I couldn't buy some of the guns, and some other restrictions I forgot about. So I was like fuck that shit, got on my second account without the restrictions. They got mad at me for doing that and banned me permanenly. Thread can be found here http://www.radclan.net/showthread.php/5778-Anime-STEAM_0-0-44947669-and-STEAM_0-1-37020104-Perm-Banned
http://www.rad.gameme.com/playerinfo/14099 this is me on RAD servers

[quote name='Hilikus' timestamp='1357273613' post='6135']
As far as I'm aware, a decision hasn't been made either way. Patience would be a virtue in this matter. My question to you is, whats your history with RAD clan?
[/quote]

Honestly I just want to see that demo that shows "hacks" because I know I don't hack and I want to see what's on there that made you guys think that I hack. The decision can be made later I assume

[quote name='animevt' timestamp='1357275028' post='6137']
So $7 and a game of CS gets me unbanned? I won't be able to get the same scores like I do in the server anyways simply because it's a competitive play with way less people. Either way I have never played competitive cs sorry if I dissapoint you.

RAD clan. They were some nice people I enjoyed playing there and I was perm banned from their server. To start out I was a regular at RAD, and yes they thought I was a hacker [url="http://www.radclan.net/showthread.php/5716-Anime"]http://www.radclan.n....php/5716-Anime[/url] I proved myself innocent. They placed some restrictions on me such as starting with 70 hp instead of 100, I couldn't buy some of the guns, and some other restrictions I forgot about. So I was like fuck that shit, got on my second account without the restrictions. They got mad at me for doing that and banned me permanenly. Thread can be found here [url="http://www.radclan.net/showthread.php/5778-Anime-STEAM_0-0-44947669-and-STEAM_0-1-37020104-Perm-Banned"]http://www.radclan.n...104-Perm-Banned[/url]
[url="http://www.rad.gameme.com/playerinfo/14099"]http://www.rad.gamem...layerinfo/14099[/url] this is me on RAD servers
[/quote]

Appreciate the honesty.

Leadership makes the decisions on permanent bans and unbans with member input, but the final decision has to be with leaders or it causes chaos and confusion. It is being discussed and we will get back with you once a decision is made.

All I will say in reference to my last post regarding the server rules is that while you are being honest, you clearly don't prefer to follow server rules. Not with RAD, not with us. While you call the occasional ghosting "fun", it has not been fun fielding complaints about you on my part or Christine's, or any of the other leaders'. So I suggest for future endeavors that you consider the pain you create for others as a consequence of your decisions. That will dictate how people respond to you.

Just to chime in here, I do think you where ghosting like crazy right before you were banned. Do you admit to this?

Also, I do feel for you. Years ago I was in a similar situation. I had been playing at a pub for nearly 6 months, and a lot of the times I destroyed people with an average kdr of 4:1... This was back when I was what I consider my prime. I remember one particular round where I killed 17 people... Literally. It was a 40 man server and my team was getting crushed. After that round, which was mainly all headshots as people tried to rush me, I was banned for hacking. I did the same thing you're doing, went to their forums, pleaded my case...and even had a few members come to my defense about how I always tried to make my team win, called strats, etc. etc.... Alas, I was told that I wasn't being unbanned regardless of if I hacked or not. It was quite infuriating.

So I understand your situation if you truly aren't walling. But you're an a-hole if you are. :)

Also, keep in mind we have our regulars to think about as well. We have fielded complaints from many regulars, which isn't fun, so that will be taken into account as well. It's not a simple "Do you hack", it's a "Do you fit with our members\fanbase?" along with everything else.

Chaaaaaarrrrrrrgeeee!

[quote name='Walking-Decoy' timestamp='1357308332' post='6158']
Just to chime in here, I do think you where ghosting like crazy right before you were banned. Do you admit to this?
[/quote]
No I don't think I was ghosting like crazy the night I was banned, I don't even think I did good that night.

@puss in boots
I didn't break any rules at RAD clan, there was no rule that says I can't play like everyone else.... it's something they forced onto me. Also I don't understand why you guys get complains about me, I don't talk shit to other people, I mind my own business. And like Walking-Decoy said I help teams win and call strats etc, I remember every map I would get switched to another side by admin, I complain a lil about this but I get over it and help the other team win. I'm sorry that I was ghosting sometimes, I will stop doing this.... I could of just lied about the ghosting thing and this wouldn't be a problem.

[quote name='Walking-Decoy' timestamp='1357308332' post='6158']
So I understand your situation if you truly aren't walling. But you're an a-hole if you are. :)
Also, keep in mind we have our regulars to think about as well. We have fielded complaints from many regulars, which isn't fun, so that will be taken into account as well. It's not a simple "Do you hack", it's a "Do you fit with our members\fanbase?" along with everything else.
[/quote]
What have I done that doesn't fit in your members/fanbase? I'm sure members of your clan and your regulars have ghosted before like you said in your previous post. I haven't been an a-hole to anyone on the server. If you understand my situation then you know that I don't deserve this.

Also do you guys plan on sharing the demo and give me a chance to defend myself before you guys make the decision? Just wondering.

[quote name='animevt' timestamp='1357312121' post='6167']I'm sorry that I was ghosting sometimes, I will stop doing this.... I could of just lied about the ghosting thing and this wouldn't be a problem.

What have I done that doesn't fit in your members/fanbase? I'm sure members of your clan and your regulars have ghosted before like you said in your previous post. I haven't been an a-hole to anyone on the server. If you understand my situation then you know that I don't deserve this.[/quote]

Saying you could have lied and this wouldn't be a problem is naive at best and dillusional at worst. And you did break the rules at RAD clan by circumventing what they forced you into. It's really simple. Their server, their rules. If they put something on you, you either follow it or you don't play there. You chose to circumvent the restrictions. You can't ignore that based on what you perceive as an unfair technicality. Oh wait, history is repeating itself now!

And Decoy asserts that people have done it BEFORE, not that they do it currently or have as a member of OSG. Before members are invited into the clan, they have to read and agree to clan by-laws that state they will behave with integrity and uphold the server rules - of which ghosting is against the server rules for which the discipline is permanent ban. Not even members are absolved from this and our TeamSpeak server is not only available for public use but is monitored for such problems. I have yet to experience ghosting in our TeamSpeak server.

You say you are sorry but you accept no responsibility nor think that you did anything wrong. The issue with you is no longer even about whether you hack or not, it's about the drama and headaches you have caused because of poor decision making that you seem to feel is of no consequence to yourself, saying being banned is undeserved.

And in response, I say refer to our server rules and see what the discipline is for ghosting. You should have read the server rules before you applied for membership.

I understand your situation fully and I now understand how either naive or dillusional you must be to think I would accept your hollow apology when you think you have done nothing wrong and all of this is undeserved. What's undeserved are the headaches you have caused our leadership through the complaints and having to keep a watchful eye over you. Frankly, any nobility in admission of ghosting is drowned out by your words of "undeserved punishment", which are insulting.

[quote name='Puss in Boots' timestamp='1357313421' post='6172']
Saying you could have lied and this wouldn't be a problem is naive at best and dillusional at worst. And you did break the rules at RAD clan by circumventing what they forced you into. It's really simple. Their server, their rules. If they put something on you, you either follow it or you don't play there. You chose to circumvent the restrictions. You can't ignore that based on what you perceive as an unfair technicality. Oh wait, history is repeating itself now!

And Decoy asserts that people have done it BEFORE, not that they do it currently or have as a member of OSG. Before members are invited into the clan, they have to read and agree to clan by-laws that state they will behave with integrity and uphold the server rules - of which ghosting is against the server rules for which the discipline is permanent ban. Not even members are absolved from this and our TeamSpeak server is not only available for public use but is monitored for such problems. I have yet to experience ghosting in our TeamSpeak server.

You say you are sorry but you accept no responsibility nor think that you did anything wrong. The issue with you is no longer even about whether you hack or not, it's about the drama and headaches you have caused because of poor decision making that you seem to feel is of no consequence to yourself, saying being banned is undeserved.

And in response, I say refer to our server rules and see what the discipline is for ghosting. You should have read the server rules before you applied for membership.

I understand your situation fully and I now understand how either naive or dillusional you must be to think I would accept your hollow apology when you think you have done nothing wrong and all of this is undeserved. What's undeserved are the headaches you have caused our leadership through the complaints and having to keep a watchful eye over you. Frankly, any nobility in admission of ghosting is drowned out by your words of "undeserved punishment", which are insulting.
[/quote]

Yes lying and denying what I've done is naive and delusional, which is why I was honest and admit my mistake. I don't like having things forced onto me, I just want to play the game like every other player on the server, is that too much to ask for?

You say the members have ghosted BEFORE, that's exactly what I said, "[background=rgb(24, 24, 24)][font="tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][size=3]I'm sure members of your clan and your regulars have ghosted before" I did not say they are doing it now and I get that it's wrong doing it and I did say sorry and that I won't do it again, do a deserve a ban for this? Maybe, but I don't think it should be permanent.[/size][/font][/background]

[background=rgb(24, 24, 24)][font="tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][size=3]You say that I take no responsibility, how is this? I admit to ghosting, I admit to being banned on another server. [/size][/font][/background]

[background=rgb(24, 24, 24)][font="tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][size=3]Maybe you misunderstood what I don't deserve. What I was saying is that I don't deserve to be banned because "I don't fit in this community" I have been a nice person ever since I've been here. You ever receive a complain about me being an asshole to someone in game? If so I'd be surprised.[/size][/font][/background]

[font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(24, 24, 24)]You say my apology is hollow, this I can understand because hey what's going on in my mind right now is "omg why am I still banned when I don't even hack ggggggg" Can you understand that it's frustrating for me too?[/background][/size][/font]

[font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(24, 24, 24)]I really don't understand how I caused you guys drama and headaches, apart from ghosting which I admit I'm wrong and I'm sorry. If it's because you guys have to spec me so much I understand how it is, I used to be a bans moderator on EZ3CS before CS GO came out. I can link you the site and proof if you like but I don't think that's going to help my case.[/background][/size][/font]

[background=rgb(24, 24, 24)][font="tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][size=3]Do I deserve a ban for what I did? Yes I think i deserve this. Should it be permanent? I don't think I deserve a perm ban. Maybe that cleared up what I was saying?[/size][/font][/background]

Had you just played the game without cheating (yes, ghosting is cheating), no it's not too much to ask to play like any other player. Is it too much to ask that server rules be adhered to without causing our community frustration?

The naive/delusional comment was in reference to you thinking that if you didn't admit to ghosting that this wouldn't be a problem. So you are aware, it is the popular opinion of those that have played with you (by a large margin) that at minimum you were ghosting. That conclusion was already decided on before Decoy asked you. Your confirmation doesn't mean anything other than you admitted to it.

The complaints about you weren't anything like being a jerk. All complaints about you were about something not being right with how you played.

The leaders have discussed this and all agree that this ban needs to stand. The issue of "hacking" is no longer the focal point of the discussion. Our server rules are extremely clear about ghosting. The result of you not following these rules led to drama and frustration of everyone else in the community, leading to complaints sent to leaders that we've had to spend our precious time on. And this is not a new issue in your CS gaming history, so all I can offer you is that I hope you learn from your choices and realize that it's not just about YOUR fun in the server, but everyone else's too. And you violated everyone else's fun in our server with your friend. That can't be overlooked.