AWP/Auto Restrictions/Limits

I've heard a few people complain and ask for limits or to restrict completely the AWP/Auto.

The AWP and Auto are part of the game and doing this is not something we would like to do. If you are having trouble with there being too many people using it in the server then take the advantage away from them. How you ask? Smoke grenades. While you can only carry 1 that's all you really need. If you smoke the choke point that AWP'ers sit at you can easily overcome them.

I agree. In CS 1.6 you could tinker with your graphics to make smoke less of a burden. Now that's not really the case and smoke nades cause major issues for awpers. Also, I've found that the more awps and autos a team has, the more they lose because they have no balance and get shelled as soon as their blind side gets flanked.

I actually prefer a limit to be honest, I know it's part of the game but it's nice and more intense when you only have like 2 per side. Though I completely understand everyones opinion on this, and I agree it's part of the game... I still like less awps on the map as I feel it brings out better players.

I say if it every gets REALLY bad, we re-think this and maybe go to a 3 awp limit per team? That's certainly enough without *everyone* getting one.

Just throwin' out ideas here. I'm fine with the awps so far...they actually nerfed them pretty decently so I think overall there is going to be much less awp whoring then CSS to begin with.

Chaaaaaarrrrrrrgeeee!

I don't like servers that limit this, it's part of the reason I started to play on the OSG server. This game has been around long enough that people should be used to it and learned how to avoid it. Like on Dust 2 if you don't jump by the opening in double doors there is a good chance you're going to be dead, it's easy enough to avoid being killed.

^Don't get me wrong, I have no issue killing awpers. I just feel it takes away from the objective and intense gun battles that are often had in servers that do have a limit.

Like I said, I do like the idea of a 3 per team limit but since I dont really have issues killing awpers it's not that huge of a deal to me. Sometimes it just kills the server population.

Chaaaaaarrrrrrrgeeee!

I disagree with ever limiting awp or auto. People complain about awpers, because the run right to them over and over and over and make it easy for the awpers. It's rather easy to play around snipers but most people don't have the patience nor knowledge of the game to realize this. Whenever it becomes an awp war, if your patient and on cts, you should have a field day. If your on terrorists, well, buy an awp, or run in a group.

[quote name='Xeno' timestamp='1347316695' post='529']
I disagree with ever limiting awp or auto. People complain about awpers, because the run right to them over and over and over and make it easy for the awpers. It's rather easy to play around snipers but most people don't have the patience nor knowledge of the game to realize this. Whenever it becomes an awp war, if your patient and on cts, you should have a field day. If your on terrorists, well, buy an awp, or run in a group.
[/quote]

Sorry but im totaly disagree. People complain about AWPers because most of them just camp one spot. Imagine de_aztec 3 AWPers CT Double Doors and 3 AWPers Bridge and few autos Long, what u going to do if u were a Terrorist side. Another example Dust 2, 4 AWPers CT side DD mid, and 6 AWPers T spawn, if im on T side with 15 people on my team only 9 will rush. 3 more from those 9 will wait till some1 dies with an AWP, so i left with 5+me. Simple math.

And now bigest problem. For Example player with a nickname "MurdeR" - kid only camp and only snipe, baiting Teammates, always left Last Stand 1 vs 5 cripled enemies. If he dont have an AWP he still camp, but he suck at aiming, spray controling - he dies all the time whenever he takes another gun instead of AWP. U say whats wrong with that? When he kills some one with AWP he strats bitching about it, cocky prick, hate that kid. And we have alot of regular players like him.

Thats why people complain about an AWPers. "Only cowards kills from the distance" - Sparta

[quote name='zutron' timestamp='1347558723' post='588']
Sorry but im totaly disagree. People complain about AWPers because most of them just camp one spot. Imagine de_aztec 3 AWPers CT Double Doors and 3 AWPers Bridge and few autos Long, what u going to do if u were a Terrorist side. Another example Dust 2, 4 AWPers CT side DD mid, and 6 AWPers T spawn, if im on T side with 15 people on my team only 9 will rush. 3 more from those 9 will wait till some1 dies with an AWP, so i left with 5+me. Simple math.

And now bigest problem. For Example player with a nickname "MurdeR" - kid only camp and only snipe, baiting Teammates, always left Last Stand 1 vs 5 cripled enemies. If he dont have an AWP he still camp, but he suck at aiming, spray controling - he dies all the time whenever he takes another gun instead of AWP. U say whats wrong with that? When he kills some one with AWP he strats bitching about it, cocky prick, hate that kid. And we have alot of regular players like him.

Thats why people complain about an AWPers. "Only cowards kills from the distance" - Sparta
[/quote]

I would buy smoke and flashes and convince my team to use teamwork to rush one spot.

when you join a 32slot server and 10-12 people use awps....perhaps they need to look to going to a snipermap server instead

"Your training will tell you that when the adrenaline kicks in you should compensate, but part of you is not gonna believe the training because this kill is personal. Take a deep breath, you only need one shot."

Make it count

There are countless ways to overtake an awper. You have to be creative, and know the proper way to attack them. Smoke grenades in CS:GO are so much better, and actually do a good job against awpers. If a limit was to be put on, i would say....five per but no less.