The Dark Knight Rises

HabaneroHero

SPOILER ALERT BELOW

I totally thought that Nolan had rewritten the Batman lore so that "the child" was Bane when I was totally knowing it should have been a girl. Then when it turns out the child was a girl and a love interest all along? MIND BLOWN. I had let my guard down.

Also, Bane had more facial expressions than Kristen Stewart in the Twilight series. Just sayin'.

I had 2 basic gripes about the movie, aside from that I thought it was very good:
1. Why the hell were these cops portrayed so incompetently? Really, the criminals have all the guns and you CHARGE THEM in a street fight and they predictably mow you down? REALLY? I thought it was a disservice to police officers who are trained to know better.

2. I thought it was crass how from the first movie to the third, the focus on killing and death became more of a focal point than the storyline the scene was trying to point out. In Batman Begins, people don't die and that's how Batman operates. In Dark Knight, people die but it's at the hands of the Joker and Batman still doesn't kill anyone and takes the fall for Harvey Dent's death when no one knew he was Two Face. Then in TDKR, civilians and police officers get MOWED DOWN in droves and the shock value of what I DIDN'T expect to see from the series in senseless deaths distracted me from the overall "big picture."

^^^I also was watching the police rush scene like... "Really? Thats the best strategy they could have come up with?"

I mean, it's also a great thing that they waited until they were HALF WAY THROUGH rushing to toss those smoke grenades.

The other part that pissed me off? Watch the absolutely horrible aim of the bad guys shooting them. I've never seen a wall for 100 bad guys miss in my life. A 5 year old kid would have had better aim. I know bad guys are "supposed" to have bad aim in movies but that was ridiculous.

Other than that, I loved the movie.

Chaaaaaarrrrrrrgeeee!

[quote name='Puss in Boots' timestamp='1354677167' post='4820']
SPOILER ALERT BELOW

I totally thought that Nolan had rewritten the Batman lore so that "the child" was Bane when I was totally knowing it should have been a girl. Then when it turns out the child was a girl and a love interest all along? MIND BLOWN. I had let my guard down.

Also, Bane had more facial expressions than Kristen Stewart in the Twilight series. Just sayin'.

I had 2 basic gripes about the movie, aside from that I thought it was very good:
1. Why the hell were these cops portrayed so incompetently? Really, the criminals have all the guns and you CHARGE THEM in a street fight and they predictably mow you down? REALLY? I thought it was a disservice to police officers who are trained to know better.

2. I thought it was crass how from the first movie to the third, the focus on killing and death became more of a focal point than the storyline the scene was trying to point out. In Batman Begins, people don't die and that's how Batman operates. In Dark Knight, people die but it's at the hands of the Joker and Batman still doesn't kill anyone and takes the fall for Harvey Dent's death when no one knew he was Two Face. Then in TDKR, civilians and police officers get MOWED DOWN in droves and the shock value of what I DIDN'T expect to see from the series in senseless deaths distracted me from the overall "big picture."
[/quote]

I'm thinking maybe it got worse over time because of how much worse Gotham had become over time? I mean the Joker really fucked things up in the city. They had to show how much worse it was getting and how much bigger of a challenge it would be for Batman to keep to his no killing policy while all of those murders were going on around him. But hell if I know what I'm talking about 90% of the time I speak.

Great movie I had heard mixed opinions and did not see this in theaters finally watched it the other day on my 46in Samsung 240hz LED LCD with a 7.1 home theater system and I had to watch it again and will probably watch it again this weekend. Couple of things I did not like the ending middle fight with Bane was sooo much better and I was expecting more than that. Also, the fact that it is ending kind of pissed off if they go with a Robin series it would be cool but Robin is shit without Batman. I could see them maybe making a movie that is just Robin and then coming back way down the road with a Batman and Robin movie.