PFFFFF

ColtonO

I don't think I agree about it being insulting. I think Dodge is trying to target a specific costumer base, (Dodge sells most of its trucks to farms or farming communities), with a shitty commercial. The original speech was given during a Future Farmers of America convention, during Carter's election run. The pandering makes sense in that context.

Knew some people would act this way. Can't do anything without insulting someone these days....Now Dodge will prob have to put out another commercial to apologize to everyone that got butt hurt.

I'm not butt hurt about anything. I simply stated it was a crappy commercial and it is. Especially when America is becoming less and less religious.

It doesn't offend me personally at all but I can see why people would be offended by it if they care about that kind of stuff.

[quote name='Gallitin' timestamp='1359999264' post='8139']
Knew some people would act this way. Can't do anything without insulting someone these days....Now Dodge will prob have to put out another commercial to apologize to everyone that got butt hurt.
[/quote]

i agree with this statement : )

When suggesting that religion doesn't need to be brought into it, this is implicit that ultimately atheism should be the belief catered to. But people who say God should not be in it are complaining that Christianity is being catered to.

You have to be careful, you can't have it both ways and it's a hypocritical demand.

[quote name='SylenT' timestamp='1360000317' post='8140']
No need to bring religion into a commercial but that's just me. I'm not religious at all. Yea I'm sure Ram trucks are great for farming.. I get it.
[/quote]

Totally agree.

I don't really want to get into a religious/non religious debate. They just aren't fun. I just don't think it was the greatest way to advertise their trucks.

Apparently there's even more controversy as in all the farmers in the video are white. It all depends on how you see it I guess.

[quote name='Puss in Boots' timestamp='1360012280' post='8148']
When suggesting that religion doesn't need to be brought into it, this is implicit that ultimately atheism should be the belief catered to. But people who say God should not be in it are complaining that Christianity is being catered to.

You have to be careful, you can't have it both ways and it's a hypocritical demand.
[/quote]

You're definitely right. Its a tough subject.

[quote name='SylenT' timestamp='1360001711' post='8142']
I'm not butt hurt about anything. I simply stated it was a crappy commercial and it is. Especially when America is becoming less and less religious.

It doesn't offend me personally at all but I can see why people would be offended by it if they care about that kind of stuff.
[/quote]

I will agree the commercial didn't do anything for me though, was boring.