CS Map Workshop. Something we should keep an eye on!

I have high hopes for the map workshop. Not just to see map remakes of old favorites, but Decoy's second link, being able to easily edit a map to a different gametype just looks downright fun. As one of the commenters asked, can we get Control Point to be an official game mode? We just got assault back as an official map, what do all of you want to see come back? My #1 that I can think of right now is cs_estate. So much love for that map.

Back when OSG had a diminished web presence and no server, I joined up with [usbdt]. The United States Beer Drinking Team. One of their members had started to design a brewery map that I had high hopes for. Who's had previous mapmaking experience? I'd love to see a de_brewery or a cs_brewery. Terrorists can't handle our Freedom Ale! :P

I've always wanted a map mode that allowed the T's or CT's to "modify" the map in the middle of a game.... In other words, have (just tossing out numbers) 4 bombsites and at the beginning the T's and CT's somehow "eliminate" one each... So there is only two left. This will make the same "map" a far more interesting experience as it kind of changes the layout everytime, so the T's and CT's would have to adjust strategies on the fly... Would be super interesting for competitive play too. The strats a team would have for A and B site would have to be completely different from if only A and C  were left or if B and D, etc, etc. etc...

I also always thought that the T's or CT's should be able to plant an explodable charge to take out a wall and make an additional entrance at each site. That'd be cool.

Chaaaaaarrrrrrrgeeee!

My thoughts jumped straight to capture the flag. 

Maybe the Ts can decide, "Well. This looks important. How about we just blow this up?!"

Oh man, imagine being a T on dust2 and being able to place a charge outside of b from mid. Man how things would change. 

Possibilities, possibilities...

I'd also like to see a mode where the CT's are the one defending each site.... And the T's have to overtake the CT's and "hack" something at each site in order to win the round.

I think that's called call of duty :)

the "one life and you are dead" dynamic of CS makes a lot of game modes seen in other FPS' difficult.  I would like to see some type of Cops and Robbers mod available though, where when you die you instead go to a "jail" and can be rescued by a fellow team member. That way it doesn't stray too far from the current CS model, but puts a nice spin on things.