Getting into Starcraft

Stevary

The first thing you need to learn is the mechanics of the game.  Starcraft II (Wings of Liberty) and (Heart of the Swarm) both have tutorials and game guides.  Spend some time doing the campaign or singleplayer games against the AI before you begin multiplayer.  Also, you must learn the different factions in depth as each are quite unique and planning your strategy will in part rely on this knowledge.  It is a great game, so good luck :)

yeah i recommend dont go online unless you want to get raped and murdered by the people that have been playing sc since the beggining. lmao :) i just play solo because i cant compete with online people

for me the franchise is good in original starcraft, but two was a complete and utter disappointment for me. I used to play SC1 pretty hardcore and loved it but sadly im not a big fan of SC2.

When you watch streams be sure to try and pick up the lingo too (4 pool, 5 pool), watch a few lesser known people playing so you can ask them questions and get feedback.

Carrier rush ftw. :)