The Get To Know OSG Thread

Puss in Boots

The lack of knowledge I have for my fellow community OSGers disturbs me. It's time for a thread about sharing stuff about you. The rules are simple.
[list=1]
[*]When you post, you have to answer the question posed by the person who posted before you.

[*]You then ask a question for the next poster.
[/list]
Don't be retarded and ask for addresses, credit card info or number of sexual partners. That's something I would do! :P If you think this is a retarded idea, TOUGH. Get to know the people around you and don't end up FOREVER ALONE!

Since I'm first, I'll just give a random tidbit of info then ask a question.

Answer - My birthday is September 5th. As a youngin and teenager it was a reason to have angst because I had school on my birthday AND homework. In college, I was usually slammed with hours of homework on my birthday. Now that I have kids, it brings me intense joy knowing that my birthday rings in the start of a new school year and kids must feel the angst too! :D

Question - What is one thing you want to do, see or accomplish before you die (a.k.a. your #1 on your bucket list)?

If money didn't matter....I'd love to be a game tester, in a huge office, ala Grandma's Boy. Having nightly shit-talking sessions over old school games and stupid high score bets in frogger, all while getting drunk. lol. That would be fun.

1. How much money would it take for you to play CS Competitively and quit your current job?

Chaaaaaarrrrrrrgeeee!

[quote name='Puss in Boots' timestamp='1347921470' post='669']
DUDE - Tell me how it feels to chill on a singularity! :D

Answer - If I could live anywhere, it would be California. As far as travel and visiting, I'd like to visit Egypt, Italy, Israel and China.

Question - If money didn't matter, what would you love to do for a living?
[/quote]
What you talking about singularity? and nice choice on california, I want to live anywhere with a beach. Maybe like costa rica or something exotic like that. Also good choice on vacation spots, I also want to go to egypt and china. Also, Spain.

answer: I would quit my job and school for at least 50k a year. (although i suck now since i havent played for a while.)

question: what is your major in college? or your current career?

Answer: I'm work Construction, i bust my ass off all day makin $19 an hour, I was going to go to college for my level 2 in carpentry but im taking this year off to get fucked up, and make some money, so i can have fun.

Question: WTF do you do outside of jobs, and CS!

Top of my Bucket list woukd have to be driving from coast to coast on a motorcycle. Seeing Egypt, Israel and china are also on my bucket list, I also want to go to Australia. It would take me 94k a year to play cs competitively. I majored in electrical engineering.

When I'm not on cs and I'm not at work or at home working on a project I'm out in the wilderness on my mountain bike, canoe/kayaking or just hiking. I also restored a 1985 Honda cb450sc motorcycle this year which as been a lot more fun than I had expected.

Question time: What's your family background?

[quote name='Fusion' timestamp='1347934258' post='684']
What you talking about singularity?[/quote]

General relativity predicts a singularity to be at the center of a black hole. It is where the gravitational forces cause matter to have infinite density and zero volume. In other words, a star collapses in on itself so much it causes a black hole. Inside the black hole, a singularity covered by an event horizon is formed as all matter and sunlight the black hole swallows flows into one linear point in space.

Answer - Outside of my job and CS, I am a stepdad of 4 kids. I'm always taking care of some need. Fixing the garage door because someone left a toy to get crushed by it, getting a car repaired, taking care of the finances, fixing a computer because someone downloaded malware like a butt head, playing with the kids. Also can't forget taking care of my wife, helping her around the house, etc. I'm also active within my church. I volunteer within the tech and media ministry and also lead a small group with my wife.

Since Pachyderp responded before I could, I'll answer his - My family background is German (Dad), English, French and Czech (Mom.)

Question - Do you have any siblings?

[quote name='Puss in Boots' timestamp='1347972534' post='689']
Question - Do you have any siblings?
[/quote]

Yup 1 sister she's 25, 3 years younger than I, she lives in Colorado while I still live here in Kansas City.

What's your favorite Vacation location?

I've only ever been on one international vacation; Mazatlan, Mexico. It's where they brew Pacifico, easily one of the better beers from our southern neighbors. Aside from that, my family would always come to Colorado for vacations. That's one of the major reasons I live here now.

Hey Galli, is your sister single? ;)

Question Time: When was the last time you worked out, and what did you do?

[quote name='Gohda' timestamp='1348002970' post='706']
Hey Galli, is your sister single? ;)

Question Time: When was the last time you worked out, and what did you do?
[/quote]

Hah she is but I'm sure there is a reason for that....

Yesterday night. I walk ~3 miles a day with my dog, mostly just because she is so hyper and calms her down. Oh and because I sit at my desk at home all day so I could probably use it.

Next question:
Do you have any pets? If so what?

answer: I workout 3-5 times a week.
answer: I have a great dane.
answer: Outside of cs and work, I paintball, dirtbike, skimboard, road trips, school, play ps3, hang out with friends, sometimes snowboard, I like water sports better than snow, and pretty much anything else going on at the time.

Question: Where would you like to live?

• 2 weeks later...

I hate when people that shouldnt wear something, wear it. For example the guys that are literally walking twigs and they go around in their wife beater. Ok sure wear it to the gym if you want. But dont wear it in public, you are embarrassing yourself! (Although I do love to watch these fags try to workout and nearly kill themself by trying to lift too much)

Favorite,reasonable car? For example don't name some million dollar car you will never have, just a car you plan on driving in the future. Like mine is something like a audi a8 twin turbo or something nice like that. Although, I just saw the 2013 Subaru BRZ and that is a sexy beast for the price.

Wow so many awesome questions.... gotta answer a few....

Favorite vacation spot was Ireland on the coast outside of Dublin. It's just beautiful and the weather is awesome.

I've had a couple of the cars I really wanted already which was a jeep wrangler TJ, and I had a dodge neon srt4 , which put down about 405 wheel horse, but the car I really want is the new hyundai genesis. My buddy got one as a graduation present and it is pretty sick.

Bucket list items number one is sky diving which i plan to do this next summer. But If i could do anything it would be fly a stripped down A4 and fly against some of the guys at Top Gun. Kinda cheesy i know but i always wanted to go mach 3 with my hair on fire!

I'd live in Ireland if I could but top places I want to visit still is Africa, my grandfather is from south africa so I want to visit the motherland, Rome, and New Zealand.

In my spare time, like puss, I'm really involved at my church and spend the majority of my time volunteering and helping out there. I love movies, hanging out with friends, smoking hookah, driving my motorcycle, playing basketball which i'm awful at but its exercise, and doing freelance graphic design and animation.

No pets but I really want a black lab and a white syberian husky.

I'm currently a programmer for HP but I was a freelance graphic designer and 3D animator for a few years before the market turned to crap with the economy....

Answer: I really want to meet Nathan Fillion. I've pretty much loved everything he is in.

Question: What is your favorite video game of all time?- Mine is Final Fantasy 7 for the playstation

[quote name='ληςяу εуεѕ' timestamp='1349089118' post='1074']
Question: What is your favorite video game of all time?- Mine is Final Fantasy 7 for the playstation
[/quote]

This is a crazy hard question. I've been gaming for so long it's tough to decide on just one. However, if I haaad to choose one then it is definitely Rainbow Six Black Arrow for Xbox. That game was absolutely unbelievable at the time and is what got me into competitive gaming and FPS love that I have now. No kill streaks or perks or anything, people just chose their gun and go into a classic 5v5 matchup. A very close second is Diablo II.

Question: Who is your favorite Actor/Actress? Someone that makes you say, "I don't even care what that movie's about, I'm watching it." Mine would be Denzel <- He's a beast.

[quote name='Hollow Clipz' timestamp='1349468595' post='1456']
This is a crazy hard question. I've been gaming for so long it's tough to decide on just one. However, if I haaad to choose one then it is definitely Rainbow Six Black Arrow for Xbox. That game was absolutely unbelievable at the time and is what got me into competitive gaming and FPS love that I have now. No kill streaks or perks or anything, people just chose their gun and go into a classic 5v5 matchup. A very close second is Diablo II.

Question: Who is your favorite Actor/Actress? Someone that makes you say, "I don't even care what that movie's about, I'm watching it." Mine would be Denzel <- He's a beast.
[/quote]

Male: Al Pacino
Female: Hilary Swank

[b]New Question:[/b]

[b]What's your favorite food?[/b]

[quote name='!Rampage*' timestamp='1349468758' post='1457']
Hollow did you enjoy diablo 3 ? Or is diablo 2 in your opion better?
[/quote] Love it but I havent played that much GO is consuming me right now

Favorite Food:
Calzones from this place near me called i-Zone. Most beast calzone I have ever had. Anything you want in them.

I'm going to be drinking tomorrow so what are some of your favorite drinks? I want to try it out so it could be beer/vodka/rum.. Last time I did tequila it was bad so dont say that or bourbon because that was really bad too.

[quote name='M.J.' timestamp='1349469268' post='1458']
[b]New Question:[/b]

[b]What's your favorite food?[/b]
[/quote]

If I had to pick favorite food would be sushi. however i don't think there is a culture or style of food i have tried that i haven't fallen in love with. [quote name='Hollow Clipz' timestamp='1349468595' post='1456']
[/quote]

Totally dig denzel as well. I have to pick a couple. I love Nathan Fillion as I mentioned earlier. But also anything with Liam Neeson. He is such a bad ass even in Battleship haha!

What was the first PC game you purchased? I didn't own a computer till I got to college and yes this is kinda funny but the first PC game I owned was Counter Strike and the first two nights I owned it I played it for 8 hours straight.

[quote name='Hollow Clipz' timestamp='1349503511' post='1477']
I'm going to be drinking tomorrow so what are some of your favorite drinks? I want to try it out so it could be beer/vodka/rum.. Last time I did tequila it was bad so dont say that or bourbon because that was really bad too.
[/quote]

Over-the-counter Beer: ShockTop and Blue Moon (especially the Pumpkin Ale seasonal)

Craft Beer: Carl Strauss Amber Lager and BJ's Pumpkin Ale and Abbey-Normal (Winter Abbey Ale)

Alcohol: Skyy Cherry Vodka and Coke Zero or Skyy Vanilla Vodka and Coke Zero. Yes, I know... this sounds like a chick drink, but I swear it tastes just like Cherry/Vanilla Coke, goooood... ;) I'm not a pussy, I swear! :D

[quote name='ληςяу εуεѕ' timestamp='1349506512' post='1486']
What was the first PC game you purchased? I didn't own a computer till I got to college and yes this is kinda funny but the first PC game I owned was Counter Strike and the first two nights I owned it I played it for 8 hours straight.
[/quote]

I played Microsoft Flight Simulator 1.0 on a PC with two floppy drives (no hard drives). I played it for hours on end for quite a while! The PC belonged to my Mom and Dad, and the game was given to me by a friend. Shortly after that, they bought me a Commodore 64 and I had tons of games for it.

[b]NEW QUESTION:[/b]

[b]What do you do for a living? (or if you're a student what is your course of study?)[/b]

[quote name='Hollow Clipz' timestamp='1349503511' post='1477']
[/quote]
My favorite drink is Vodka Redbull, but I try to limit how many I drink because it's easy to black out on and the next day my heart feels like it's going to explode.

[quote name='ληςяу εуεѕ' timestamp='1349506512' post='1486']
What was the first PC game you purchased? [/quote]
I can't remember the first game I purchased. I do remember my first Multiplier online game. It was called Subspace where you had ships and you try to kill each other while gather flags.

[quote name='M.J.' timestamp='1349538990' post='1513']
What do you do for a living? (or if you're a student what is your course of study?)
[/quote]

I run Product Development for a company. Basically program whatever ideas they come up with.

[quote name='!Rampage*' timestamp='1349468758' post='1457']
Hollow did you enjoy diablo 3 ? Or is diablo 2 in your opion better?
[/quote]

i only enjoyed diablo 3 for botting. i was making like 50-75$ a day botting it. Diablo 3's economy got screwed over way too fast. and Inferno was ridiculous. I had a sup'd up barb and couldnt beat act 3, and i also had a beast dh and couldnt beat a2 inferno. I think AH probably killed diablo 3. It was a good idea, but the people that made it to inferno first definitely ruled the market.

Diablo 2 was fun, I loved the ladder resets to keep the market from super inflation. I played diablo 2 way longer than i played diablo 3. i quit actually playing diablo 3 after like 2 months and started botting instead.

What I do for a living: Certified personal trainer, Organ and tissue recovery assistant, and I am going back to school for nursing.

What are some goals in life?

To answer my question: I want to open my own gym, buy a few houses and maybe build an apartment complex to be good in real estate, and have a beach house somewhere really peaceful