Aim server down

Can't say I'm too happy at the moment. So far the discourse has went as follows..

[quote]
Me - I've tried to update the server via the mod update function. It doesn't appear to be working. I continue to receive, "server using different class table" upon updating/restarting server.

Gameservers Rep - 1) What version would you like your server updated to?

Me - I'm not sure what the most current version ID is. Steam released an update yesterday (30 Jan), that is what I would be looking for.

Gameservers Rep - Please give this a try. This should be corrected now.

Thank you,
Andrew Miesner
GameServers.com

[/quote]

So not only do I still have the same problem, he tells my to try something without telling me what to try. Then proceeds to close the ticket without resolution.

I will give them some credit, they responded to the ticket promptly. However, their resolution practices seem to be lacking.

I deal with this at my work all the time. He probably means you should try updating via the mod update function again.

Helpdesk folks (I am close friends with 3 such people and am really friendly with the ones at my work) are evaluated on how many tickets they complete. What you see is the end result of that evaluation.

That was my experience with gameservers in the past: fast response time, but either copied and pasted solutions that weren't relevant or didn't work, randomly closing the ticket without resolving the problem and stating that it was resolved, or occasionally being unable to figure out what was wrong in a timely manner. But for the price, especially considering the performance, they're a provider that's hard to beat.

Either way, good luck - I hope it works! Thanks for keeping us going.

[quote name='Puss in Boots' timestamp='1359666095' post='7829']
I deal with this at my work all the time. He probably means you should try updating via the mod update function again.

Helpdesk folks (I am close friends with 3 such people and am really friendly with the ones at my work) are evaluated on how many tickets they complete. What you see is the end result of that evaluation.
[/quote]

I work in a helpdesk-esque environment and closing tickets in a timely fashion is one thing but it doesn't take any more time to give a complete answer and most often less in the long run. Then to give a half ass answer and go on to the next ticket just to find out later the same person called in again because you didn't give a proper explanation and they are having the same issue again.