Defiance

Ty69

• 1 month later...

Yes, I am also interested in this game but I could see this going horribly wrong since the game world will be affecting the series on television.

Such a weird concept.  I don't think i would want to be a writer on that show. 

I saw people talking about the similarities between this and firefall ... there was a beta weekend this last weekend, prly the last since it's gonna get released on the 1st of april or something.  I was kind of interested especially since you could custom mod your own weapons but I can't afford the 60, much less the 99 for the deluxe.

=^.^=

It's not playable until 12 noon est tomorrow (4/2)  ...

it's tied into the new SYFY tv show Defiance ... only the TV show takes place in former St Louis and the game takes place in former San Francisco. 

The basic plot is a fleet of alien space craft come to earth with like 7 different alien species coming as refugees.  Something happens and the earth gets partially terraformed and the ships explode or something so there's a bunch of broken ships (called arches) floating around earth... and the 7 species plus humans are stuck on earth. 

http://www.defiance.com/en/

I'll let you know how it plays tomorrow ...

=^.^=

This game is pretty good :D there are lots of other areas to go to besides san fran and it only follows the tv series with some key characters so its not really tied to the show that much at all, But i do think its worth it is pretty fun :D

Very interesting ...  It seems very non-linear.  There's a main story quest but there's a jillion other things to do.  Feels like a blend of firefall and Rift (no surprise since rift is a Trion game too).  Meaning there's lots of random events happening.  As your in different areas if there's a mission (read instance) you get a notification that you're in the area for one if you want to queue.  I was kind of disappointed that there were only 2 races to choose from considering how many races are supposed to have come to earth...  But maybe that's what the DLC's are going to be.  and I still have mixed feelings about having a pay store in the game, but the things you can buy are either bonuses to xp or money finding or cosmetic so I guess that's okay.  The inventory system is based around pay... which is kind of a dick move since there's not stash/vault/bank.  Right now with the pre-order stuff and unlocks through the website i have 32 spots, and so far the only ways to get more that i've seen is to buy them or level up you get 1 or 2 slots ever couple levels.  

=^.^=

Honestly I do, They are adding a bunch of dlc over the course of the year and their is a fair amount of end game stuff (so they say have not been their yet) like raids and team fights as well as pvp. So lots of content to keep you busy for the next while till dlc comes out. Answer to your question yes is do see my self playing for a really long time. ( I also still play rift lol)

Hmm I know there are some spots that need work and I wish they had more of certain things. Oh yeah another thing I just thought of I have items in my inventory that I can not get rid of no matter what, I think I might have actually solved this issue but I will have to look.

IT WOULDN'T BE THE SAME WITHOUT YOU   Let's face it: Launch had issues. For that we sincerely apologize. In an effort to make amends and say thanks for going through this with us, your in-game account now has a gift* from us to you: spacer.gif spacer.gif 15x13_dot_defiance.png Exclusive Launch-Only In-Game Title: Daredevil spacer.gif spacer.gif 15x13_dot_defiance.png 1-Week Weapons Skill Boost spacer.gif spacer.gif 15x13_dot_defiance.png 1-Week Scrip Boost spacer.gif spacer.gif 15x13_dot_defiance.png 1-Week Loot Boost spacer.gif spacer.gif 15x13_dot_defiance.png 1-Week XP Boost spacer.gif Meanwhile, we've been working around the clock to deliver a gaming experience that exceeds your expectations. We've made great improvements. There is a massive client patch coming next week and then another two weeks after that. Yes, we're that serious about improvements, continuous evolution, updates, new content. We're not afraid of commitment. And we're in this for the (very) long haul. spacer.gif Thank you, spacer.gif 220x56_nathan-richardsson_signature.png Nathan "Oveur" Richardsson VP Development, Executive Producer and proud member of the 150-person Defiance team spacer.gif *To Redeem: Open the Defiance Store from your EGO menu and select "Claim Items.

=^.^=