Spyware/Adware removal

Hilikus

Removal or Prevention?

I think Microsoft Security Essentials and Firefox + Ad Block Plus when web-browsing is a great combo for prevention.

If we're talking about removal (after getting an infection), I would go with Combofix, SuperAntiSpyware, Spybot, and Malwarebytes.

I would steer clear of Combofix for now bleeping computers had a post out that somehow the executable got infected with a Trojan.  Also I use tdsskiller and Malware Bytes.

Hmmm...I just used it at work a few days ago without issue. When did this happen?

Thanks for the suggestions, I have most of the programs mentioned.  I only asked because last night ingame i was getting up to 30% choke.  I couldn't figure out why, my CS settings and rates were are tweaked for performance and all the anti malicious software was reporting nothing.  I'm chalking it up to a bad ISP night for now.  If it happens again, I'm probably going to reimage my PC again. 

Are you guys using the freeware versions of Spybot and Adaware?   Is anyone using any Iobit products?  http://www.iobit.com/

Yes, I am using the freeware version of Spybot. My general protection is:

CCleaner

Spybot Search & Destroy

Microsoft Security Essentials

That's it. I used to use AVG but it has gotten bulky and would consider CS:GO a trojan virus every time I tried to play. AVG has gone the way of Symantec.