Boston Marathon Bombing

gplaydee

I heard about this after I got home from work.  This is terrible, and my thoughts and prayers go out to those affected.  Is there any more info released yet, btw?  I heard there were 2 other bombs found that hadn't gone off...dunno how true that is, though.

I have a friend from my previous gaming clan that works at the hospital where all of the injured were taken. I had a conversation with him early this morning and he said it has been horrific but he couldn't be more proud with the response of the people to this tragedy.

He also said that the "person of interest" has been obtained. He didn't know anything other than that, but it's more than what the media is reporting right now.

well im 10 mins north of Boston i was leaving work when it all went down, i had abotu a dozen friends in boston at the time. ive seen all the videos from the phones and everything its pretty effed up. fortunately all my friends and family are safe and okay... in the end i believe it was 3 dead 167 injured. lets just say they have leads but there not letting anythign out obviously  theres so much video for the feds to go through but im certain theyll figure it out

Im just happy that my friends who were in boston were able to make it out safe a lot of them work in town so its been really hectic this week  obviously.

if you guys have any other questions abotu it i might be able to answer them for ya since i donno what all the news tabloids are saying aroudn the nation!

but just keep your prayers with the 10-20 who are still in critical condition...

I have a friend from my previous gaming clan that works at the hospital where all of the injured were taken. I had a conversation with him early this morning and he said it has been horrific but he couldn't be more proud with the response of the people to this tragedy.

He also said that the "person of interest" has been obtained. He didn't know anything other than that, but it's more than what the media is reporting right now.

This is what started it all. The person of interest was a 26 year old girl by the way. 

POI has been reported to be a saudi national. Though, at this point, the US has so many enemies it could be a mix of cells from north Kor, Iran, etc...

This is another example of pointing fingers. The two kids are Russians and not Saudis.

This Boston bombing is really starting to piss me off. The two kids are suspects to the bombing and could have no ties to it. The media is just trying to get a story and people are thinking that they are the bombers. What happen to innocent until proven guilty? The one kid was going to Dartmouth. The brother could have been one of the bombers, but none of the pictures look like the one still alive. Maybe that is a bad thing to say, but the evidence is not there. How do they know it was two people? So many things happen and they are just pointing fingers. The police/FBI didn't even read the kid Miranda Rights when they arrested him. So many things do not add up. 

suspects2.JPG

Looks like half of New York City. 

Has anyone else thought about this?

This is what started it all. The person of interest was a 26 year old girl by the way. 

This is another example of pointing fingers. The two kids are Russians and not Saudis.

This Boston bombing is really starting to piss me off. The two kids are suspects to the bombing and could have no ties to it. The media is just trying to get a story and people are thinking that they are the bombers. What happen to innocent until proven guilty? The one kid was going to Dartmouth. The brother could have been one of the bombers, but none of the pictures look like the one still alive. Maybe that is a bad thing to say, but the evidence is not there. How do they know it was two people? So many things happen and they are just pointing fingers. The police/FBI didn't even read the kid Miranda Rights when they arrested him. So many things do not add up. 

suspects2.JPG

Looks like half of New York City. 

Has anyone else thought about this?

Fallen, you are aware that MANY witnesses saw the shootout that occurred, identified these 2 brothers as the ones shooting at police. It was confirmed through multiple eye witnesses that THESE TWO THREW PRESSURE COOKER EXPLOSIVES at the police. It was confirmed that the 19 year old ran over his older brother in the hijacked SUV to get away.

How exactly is this the media when eye witnesses are coming forward to say "it's them. I saw it"?

The guys are guilty as sin. Why are you firing at the police if you aren't running from SOMETHING? Too much circumstantial evidence.

It's good to always be critical of your government and not to take anything at face value, but that FBI laboratory is pretty damn good. And there would be no incentive to pin this on say, a couple of random scapegoats, while the true suspects would likely be out there committing more attacks. Also, just because the kid went to Dartmouth doesn't mean he isn't capable of doing something like this. At Columbia a few months back, they arrested 5 students who were selling drugs including cocaine, LSD and Adderall on a large scale; these same students were working directly with their suppliers who were about to kidnap, torture and ransom rival dealers in the area. Unfortunately, there are plenty of "intelligent" people who are / are working for terrible people. 

I do agree with your criticism of the media, though - for example, one teenager who was completely unrelated to the incident was pictured and named as a suspect by the NY Post and some other publications / news outlets, despite the FBI's insistence on not releasing information from other sources (other than the FBI) to prevent something exactly like that from happening. That teenager was harassed until the media retracted it, but I'm sure that doesn't mean it's simply over for him; he will likely meet some more harassment, but hopefully win a nice expensive lawsuit, too. This era of action / entertainment news bullshit is a sad, pathetic one. We do have a right to a free press, but news coverage in this manner seems like a bizarre use of that right to me; not to mention, one of my areas of research is Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) particularly in children and adolescents; seeing those images repeatedly and hearing the stories over and over and over again are detrimental to their mental well-being (this conclusion is empirically supported by statistically-sound studies) so at the least, I can understand your anger with the media, Hoot. 

I agree with all of you, but my main point is that the kids are pawns. 

I like what Morgan Freeman said about the school shooting. 

"You want to know why. This may sound cynical, but here's why. It's because of the way the media reports it. Flip on the news and watch how we treat the Batman theater shooter and the Oregon mall shooter like celebrities. Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris are household names, but do you know the name of a single victim of Columbine? Disturbed people who would otherwise just off themselves in their basements see the news and want to top it by doing something worse, and going out in a memorable way. Why a grade school? Why children? Because he'll be remembered as a horrible monster, instead of a sad nobody. CNN's article says that if the body count 'holds up,' this will rank as the second deadliest shooting behind Virginia Tech, as if statistics somehow make one shooting worse than another. Then they post a video interview of third-graders for all the details of what they saw and heard while the shootings were happening. Fox News has plastered the killer's face on all their reports for hours. Any articles or news stories yet that focus on the victims and ignore the killer's identity? None that I've seen yet. Because they don't sell. So congratulations  sensationalist media, you've just lit the fire for someone to top this and knock off a day care center or a maternity ward next. You can help by forgetting you ever read this man's name, and remembering the name of at least one victim. You can help by donating to mental health research instead of pointing to gun control as the problem." -- Morgan Freeman