de_cpl_mill for CS:GO

Gln

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Christine' timestamp='1349104160' post='1117']
ive never dl a map before...unless server did it for me......is there anything special u need to do once dl?...or is it click n install type of thing
[/quote]
[quote name='SylenT' timestamp='1349104248' post='1120']
you need to download the map file then put it in a certain folder which I don't know off the top of my head right now.
[/quote]

So that's what the server should be doing automatically. We even have a fastdownload server to serve up the maps. It's separate from the actual game server so when people download it's much faster and doesn't effect the performance on the game server. For some reason it's not delivering the map to some clients and others are receiving it just fine. Going to renable it today and do some more testing.

[quote name='Christine' timestamp='1349104478' post='1125']
wow sounds to confusin for me lol...... like ive stated before im dumb with this shit
[/quote]

It's really not as bad as it sounds.. just give it a try sometime if you ever have to. But I guess thats easy for Net Admin to say lol

Appears to be fixed as the server was full while playing it 2 times tonight I see.

However they have not fixed the resources downloading along with the map yet, so you won't have a load screen or a radar unless you download the following zip file and manually add it to your CS:GO Installation.

These files will go here:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\csgo

[attachment=58:de_mill_b1 Load Screen & Radar.zip]

[quote name='Gallitin' timestamp='1349488926' post='1474']
Appears to be fixed as the server was full while playing it 2 times tonight I see.

However they have not fixed the resources downloading along with the map yet, so you won't have a load screen or a radar unless you download the following zip file and manually add it to your CS:GO Installation.

These files will go here:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\csgo

[attachment=58:de_mill_b1 Load Screen & Radar.zip]
[/quote]

Um i didnt have to do that....

Got to play this map last night (finally!) and enjoyed it. Very similar to the CS:S version and fun to play. :D

[quote name='ληςяу εуεѕ' timestamp='1349507194' post='1490']
Um i didnt have to do that....
[/quote]

Neither did I.

[quote name='Gallitin' timestamp='1349538574' post='1511']
Can't figure out why some people get it and others don't. But until it's fixed if you don't have it then the .zip file above is the only fix I know of.
[/quote]

Maybe this was fixed with one of the updates in the past couple of days... Dunno... :unsure:

[quote name='atari' timestamp='1349907743' post='1813']
there's also the issue of the radar not working correctly.

then again, maybe that's just me
[/quote]

Look up a few posts and you will see this one: [url="http://osgamers.net/forums/topic/130-de-cpl-mill-for-csgo/page__st__20#entry1474"]http://osgamers.net/forums/topic/130-de-cpl-mill-for-csgo/page__st__20#entry1474[/url]

It's fixes it.

[quote name='Gallitin' timestamp='1349908419' post='1814']

Look up a few posts and you will see this one: [url="http://osgamers.net/forums/topic/130-de-cpl-mill-for-csgo/page__st__20#entry1474"]http://osgamers.net/...t__20#entry1474[/url]

It's fixes it.
[/quote]

ah missed that post.

thanks!

• 2 months later...

[quote name='Gallitin' timestamp='1349538574' post='1511']
Can't figure out why some people get it and others don't. But until it's fixed if you don't have it then the .zip file above is the only fix I know of.
[/quote]

I have been troubleshooting this issue on my own server... saw this thread and registered hoping we could maybe get somewhere with it or someone can point me in a better direction?

CS:GO appears to have some sort of hidden timeout when downloading a map from a server. Clients begin downloading a new map, and exactly 30 seconds later they error if the map download is not complete. It does not attempt to save partially downloaded files to cache or resume previous attempts. When it searches for more files and gives up, it errors and disconnects from the server.

[CODE]
L 01/07/2013 - 05:35:31: "Player<95><STEAM_1:1:#######><>" STEAM USERID validated

L 01/07/2013 - 05:36:03: "Player<95><STEAM_1:1:#######><>" disconnected (reason "Disconnect by user.")
Dropped Player from server (Disconnect by user.)[/CODE]

If the player is on a faster connection and able to download the map in < 30 seconds, everything works as it should (.nav, .bsp, etc. downloaded and placed). This should explain why some users are able to download maps from the server and others are forced to manually install them.

Obviously, if I am right and there is some setting, it just needs to be changed by either Valve or the players. IMO, 30 seconds is far too short. Many maps are 30-60 MB and few players have 1-2MB/s connections.

[quote name='Gallitin' timestamp='1357569113' post='6326']
Is yours setup on a fast download server or just downloading from the game server?
[/quote]
It is setup on a fast download server. It's on the same box, but it's a full 100mb connect.