Favored Weapon

Ok so I'm curious to know does anyone favor other weapons besides the AK, M4A1, AWP, and Deagle? Or are these the only hot weapons in your arsenal? Why?

I favor the p250 handgun. Everyone has this hard-on for the Deagle but I'd take a p250 over anything else some times even more often then a rifle. I love the handling, kick, and fire rate on it. I find I can generally run around and smoke a lot of people with it even if others have a rifle. I noticed I can pull off a lot more headshots than I ever did with a Deagle mainly for all the reasons above. And at close range its so surgical its sick.

I also notice not many people use it ever. I like to look at the stats to see who does best with what weapons and I don't ever see other people's names on the list for the p250 except me.... I'm not bragging or anything just an observation. Does anyone else like the p250?

I use the P90, Galil and Famas often. The latter two are handy when you don't have cash for an AK or M4.

The P90 is a bit OP in GO, and is fun for run-n-gun/rushing type play.

Also, I love to snipe in general so I'll also use the Scout (SSG 08) a lot when I don't have cash for an AWP.

[quote name='M.J.' timestamp='1349537265' post='1509']
I use the P90, Galil and Famas often. The latter two are handy when you don't have cash for an AK or M4.

The P90 is a bit OP in GO, and is fun for run-n-gun/rushing type play.

Also, I love to snipe in general so I'll also use the Scout (SSG 08) a lot when I don't have cash for an AWP.
[/quote]

I like the p90 for run and gun as well. I never really used it in source I usually used the mp5 but I hardly even bought that. I also like the scout you get a lot more freedom of motion and maneuverability while sniping which makes you harder to hit but i generally never buy them i always pick them up if i only have my p250.

I use the p250 more in competitive play for the pistol round and nothing else really. without a helmet it is a 1shot kill so you basically have the deagle with 6 more bullets. Maybe ill start running around the server with it somemore who knows.

I like to scout ever now and then for shits and giggles makes me try to aim for the head more and no scoping is much easier.

i'm an AK whore. Seems to be the only gun I can consistently get HSs with.

But i'm also a big scout user...although more so on servers where AWP is restricted (as I need to be still to scout well, which is prime picking for AWPers). I'm no good with the AWP for whatever reason, but it's headshot city when I scout.

That's it for me (outside of the deagle, M4 and AK).

[quote name='Hollow Clipz' timestamp='1349676812' post='1583']
I use the p250 more in competitive play for the pistol round and nothing else really. without a helmet it is a 1shot kill so you basically have the deagle with 6 more bullets. Maybe ill start running around the server with it somemore who knows.
[/quote]

I'm going to start using the P250 more often as well. I have a few kills with it already but I want to get more used to it.

When money is low, i actually really like the FAMAS or MP7. Back in 1.6, I used only the mp5 and did rather well with it, so the mp7 kinda is similiar. The famas I like just because once you figure out how to properely shoot with it, its rather good. Then you can go 3-burst with it for long range accurate shots.

• 2 weeks later...

I also love the P250, but I don't buy it very often since I am saving up for other guns. However, in the first pistol rounds I usually try to purchase one, or on a save round in a competitive match.

Like everyone else, I use the P90 when I don't have a ton of cash, and its a great gun because it has such a high rate of fire plus good movement speed.

Other than those two exceptions, everything else is map specific. For example, I will occasionally use the pump shotty if I am playing Office as a Terrorist.

AK47, M4 are my go to weapons. When I'm low on funds I've been using the famas/galil to great effect. P250 for a pistol. I used to be a fan of the deagle, but I notice that I'm constantly shooting over peoples heads with it and it gets me killed more often than not. I've been avoiding the awp here lately on the pub as not to be a hypocrite when I'm bitching about the awp whoring that constantly goes on, but sometimes I get so annoyed that I'll grab one for a round or two. For hostage maps, if I'm a terrorist I've been using the sawed off, which is retarded OP in a closed quarter environment. As far as the P90, its an awesome rushing weapon, but with all the fire nades going off at beginning of most rounds, initial round rushing appears to be a thing of the past.

[quote name='Hollow Clipz' timestamp='1351573360' post='2608']
I won't be caught dead using the p90. It seems to instakill me during matches but I can't hit air with it. BS if you ask me. I stick with the Bizon when I'm trying to rush or hold down the site. Spray and praaaaaaay.
[/quote]
Man, I regulated a match yesterday with a p90. Even got an ace on the entire T side before planted with it. My weakness is really rifles, for some reason. I need to work on learning when to spray, when to strafe-shoot, etc. Also, one of my biggest problems is positions (ie. having a grenade out when getting rushed by a single opponent).

Here's the match I was playing last night when I used the p90 a lot:

[img]http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/3531/cstrike02.jpg[/img]

Ultimately, I just need more experience in competitive CS overall.