Banned Without Reason

Was playing today and talking amongst my fellow players. We were having fun just goofing around and no one was complaining. Then this player, Hilikus, rudely told us to shut up, of which, I thought he was just a troll or some stuck-up, so I just trolled back and said suck it. Next thing I know I am banned, presumably permanent.

[b]SteamID:[/b] STEAM_0:1:13037804
[b]Admin:[/b] I assume him to be Hilikus
[b]Time of ban: [/b]Roughly 3:30 pm EST

Your servers have cool players and a fun environment. It's really unfortunate that this has been robbed from me over something so childish.

Thanks for considering,

DatGuy

It was a 90 minute ban. He mic spams, and when told to quit he in turn tells you to suck his dick.

Server rules are [url="http://osgamers.net/forums/topic/37-csgo-server-rules/"]here[/url]. I suggest they be read before playing on the server.

ETA: The only reason I joined the server was because I got pm's from players complaining about Datguy and his mic spam. As well as purposely team flashing.

Making up false information to support your cause is low. You make it sound like you warned me, when in fact all you said was shut up with a rude tone. Not one player had said anything about me talking, but you and if people were to get upset I would of surely stopped. I broke no rules, as spam is considered unwanted, and all I did was discuss in-game content and made playful comments which were well received by others. I can have players vouch for me to prove my point if necessary. Lastly, I sucked so badly, I never had a chance to even buy flashbangs. I threw one during my entire stay. View server logs, for grenades thrown by Datguy, to prove my point.

I run a community myself, and all I can see here is an admin who thinks he is above players and when things are not going his way, he just impulsively bans them and uses his authority as a means of spreading fallacy to support his cause. Seeing as I am the newcomer my defensive stance here will probably seem inferior to that of an admin and viewed from a biased standpoint. If the admin wanted to, he could say I was hacking too just to demean me further, ultimately making him look like the hero.

DatGuy

He's not making up false information. He asked you if you could be quieter and you told him to suck your balls. I was in there, too. You're just blatantly lying. Since I got into the server, you were teamflashing and mic spamming. That's a nice long message that you wrote, but what you're saying just isn't true. If it was my call, I'd say permanent ban for all the BS.

I was in the server as well, and usually i enjoy talking with the regulars. But I had to turn my in game voice off because you were spamming the mic so much. It was extremely annoying and I also asked you to be quiet. Hilikus was in the right.

[quote name='datguy' timestamp='1359841061' post='8028']
Making up false information to support your cause is low. You make it sound like you warned me, when in fact all you said was shut up with a rude tone. Not one player had said anything about me talking, but you and if people were to get upset I would of surely stopped. I broke no rules, as spam is considered unwanted, and all I did was discuss in-game content and made playful comments which were well received by others. I can have players vouch for me to prove my point if necessary. Lastly, I sucked so badly, I never had a chance to even buy flashbangs. I threw one during my entire stay. View server logs, for grenades thrown by Datguy, to prove my point.

I run a community myself, and all I can see here is an admin who thinks he is above players and when things are not going his way, he just impulsively bans them and uses his authority as a means of spreading fallacy to support his cause. Seeing as I am the newcomer my defensive stance here will probably seem inferior to that of an admin and viewed from a biased standpoint. If the admin wanted to, he could say I was hacking too just to demean me further, ultimately making him look like the hero.

DatGuy
[/quote]
First of all we dont ban anyone for no reason, second no one abuses their power here regardless how long they have been here and third we have posted rules on our servers as soon as you login in. If there not followed we warn you and act accordingly.

[quote name='datguy' timestamp='1359841061' post='8028']I run a community myself, and all I can see here is an admin who thinks he is above players and when things are not going his way, he just impulsively bans them and uses his authority as a means of spreading fallacy to support his cause. Seeing as I am the newcomer my defensive stance here will probably seem inferior to that of an admin and viewed from a biased standpoint. If the admin wanted to, he could say I was hacking too just to demean me further, ultimately making him look like the hero.

DatGuy
[/quote]

Well, here's the thing. One member and one regular were witnesses and are calling you out for trying to call Hilikus out.

As much as you want to focus on Hilikus, he was in the right for handing out a temporary ban for telling him to suck your balls/dick/whatever. I am sure that if you in fact do run your own community, disrespecting admins who are upholding the rules is not accepted.

You were also in the wrong. So let's just take the hour and a half ban like an adult and once it's up you're free to frequent the server again. But you should also know from running a community that random people you don't know who get the ban hammer like to make up lies more often than truths. So I would hope you have a little compassion for this situation and understand to just not say what you did.