Go here for IN-HOUSE SCRIMS! Read the tips please!

Hi all,

As it seems our in-house scrims have proven to be very popular, I thought it was deserving of a sticky for a couple of reasons...

- To keep them active, having it stickied is a constant reminder to new\old members as the thread doesn't "disappear" at the bottom.
- Gives a general list of tips so that the public server isn't killed in popularity during the times these are taking place.

Leadership loves the fact that everyone enjoys scrimming, however we have to also keep in mind why OSG is so popular to begin with, and that's because of the pub. We have to cater to this crowd as they are more or less the lifeline of continuing our success. I'm sure you all understand where we are coming from here. So the following is a general guideline of some things we want you guys to keep in mind when you go to do your 10-man scrims.

1) If a lot of players are going to be pulled from the pub in order to scrim, please do a couple of things:
A) Change the map to de_dust2 or another highly popular map. I believe cs_office is good as well... But I'd prefer D2 first if it hasn't been played in the last map.
B ) Do not leave all at once. Try and stagger the disconnecting every couple minutes so that a new player can join. This shouldn't take long.
C) Before you leave, hit ESC and send out invites to all your other CS Gaming friends to join the pub. Do this especially if the server isn't at capacity.
D) Most importantly, at the conclusion of the scrim, take a look at how the pub is doing. If it's low on players, consider hoping into the server for a few rounds before starting the next 10-man... and again consider changing it back to D2.

Please feel free to add to anything above if you have an idea on how to keep the pub populated during IN-HOUSE scrims.

Chaaaaaarrrrrrrgeeee!

[quote name='Walking-Decoy' timestamp='1360090004' post='8186']
A) Change the map to de_dust2 or another highly popular map. I believe cs_office is good as well... But I'd prefer D2 first if it hasn't been played in the last map.

[/quote]

I don't think anyone that has been participating in these 10 mans, have the permissions to do this.

Also, for these 10 mans to work we have to have a server to use. The last few times I tried the competition server, it didn't work. So, I changed settings on the AIM server so we could use it for these scrims. I'm starting to get questions regarding how long the aim server will be unavailable to the public, turns out there are no other headshot only servers in the CSGO community. So can we get someone to look at the competition server so we can utilize it. Also, the ability for more than 2 people to go spectate would be very helpful when it comes to composing teams.

For now, that is all............

[quote name='Mr K1tty' timestamp='1360103360' post='8200']
also...

Would it be possible to get a 10 man config setup? to allow more than 2 spectators? It's probably not a big deal but it could smooth things out when we get them started.

Love the ideas
[/quote]

It could, but the server is maxed at 10 slots so would have to upgrade to a 12 man, not that much more to do though.

well if we could have say ... 8 people in spectate at once... it would help.. cause we end up with 2 captains then they pick teams. and it would just be easy for the rest of the players to go to spec and then join a team when picked. does that make sense?

=^.^=

Oh I thought you meant full 10 on plus 2 in spec.

I see what you mean now. Yes the config can be modified to do this. Let me know if you guys want it for sure and I can do it.

Does this apply to osg only or everyone involved in the 10-man?

Just a thought, assuming all 10 players are OSG and were in pub...

To stagger one exit from pub per every 2 minutes, that would mean everyone waits at minimum 20 mins before we can start the captain's process. That captain's process and choosing teams and setting up the aim maps server takes at least 15 mins (more often 20-25 mins). That means an upwards of 35 mins wait-time. For most of us who have limited free time, this is pretty inconvenient.

Maybe we could make staggered exits a tad more flexible? Thoughts?

I agree; last night we tried to stagger it but just couldn't coordinate, and unfortunately like 6 of us ended up leaving at once. However, the server became filled to capacity in literally a minute or so, and then again even after requiring a restart. Perhaps if we see it losing traffic as we're getting the in-house set up, people can choose teams and separate into different channels in Teamspeak to keep track of them while warming up in the pub. Maybe that might get a little complicated, but just a thought! However, server traffic seems to be high around this time regardless, so if everyone continues to remain vigilant and keep an eye on it, we can implement and develop adaptive solutions as we see issues arise.

[quote name='Mr K1tty' timestamp='1360103360' post='8200']
also...

Would it be possible to get a 10 man config setup? to allow more than 2 spectators? It's probably not a big deal but it could smooth things out when we get them started.

Love the ideas
[/quote]

Just to clarify - I think kitty doesn't necessarily mean more slots (10 works as before), he just wants to allow 8 players to stay in spectate while another player is on T and yet another is on CT (the captains) so that we (the remaining 8 players) could move out of spec and onto the respective teams individually as we get chosen. I don't know if this was the case, but I know when CS:GO first came out, spectators would be locked at 2 even if you changed the cvar in the config serverside. I don't know if they ever changed that - to my knowledge, it's still capped at 2 spectators.

Does this apply to osg only or everyone involved in the 10-man?

Just a thought, assuming all 10 players are OSG and were in pub...

To stagger one exit from pub per every 2 minutes, that would mean everyone waits at minimum 20 mins before we can start the captain's process. That captain's process and choosing teams and setting up the aim maps server takes at least 15 mins (more often 20-25 mins). That means an upwards of 35 mins wait-time. For most of us who have limited free time, this is pretty inconvenient.

Maybe we could make staggered exits a tad more flexible? Thoughts?

Sure, do whatever you gotta do to not harm the public. Maybe the guys in the pub can be the last to join the actual 10-man server... stagger 2 ever minute or so...

It's not SUPER strict... Just try not to kill the server. Keep an careful eye on it is all we ask.

Chaaaaaarrrrrrrgeeee!

Sure, do whatever you gotta do to not harm the public. Maybe the guys in the pub can be the last to join the actual 10-man server... stagger 2 ever minute or so...

It's not SUPER strict... Just try not to kill the server. Keep an careful eye on it is all we ask.

I kill the server everyday with my high-pitch girly squeal of delight. I'm sorry -- I can't help it. This game is exciting.

• 2 weeks later...

From Colton

PostUpdated Cevo Configs

The GameServers account posted does not give access to ftp so I cannot upload these or I would have.
Please upload the attached OSG-CEVO configs.
I have made us a pregame config as well   ;)

These are keybinds for the private server:

bind "INS" "rcon exec pregame.cfg"
bind "DEL" "rcon exec live.cfg"

Cevo Maps

The server appears to have de_inferno_ce on it but none of the others. Could you also upload the rest of the maps.
http://www.cevo.com/event/csgo-season1/downloads/

Here is the manual connect info for reference
connect 68.232.177.203:27026; password osg345

Perhaps we could have a channel in the Teamspeak named "OSG 10man" with a sub channel name "Team B" and that connect info in the channel description for super easy access.

Can an Admin put some of this info in the original post (server info, pw, commands to setup server etc...)

• 2 weeks later...