New Video Card

Puss in Boots

Sooo I just joined the pub to get some kills in when my video started artifacting then dropped altogether. Made sure it wasn't overheating, blew the dust out, etc. It keeps artifacting then crashing video while the rest of my computer is fine. I have a 5 year old Nvidia GeForce 8800 512. My motherboard is an Intel P5K-E.

Any suggestions on replacement video cards on the cheap that I can work with? If this continues, I may not be able to game until it gets fixed.

You may need to update your BIOS on your mobo...That may help.

That actually crossed my mind as it was giving me issues last night and when it happened the last time of the night, when I restarted I had to reconfirm all of my BIOS settings. :-\ Wasn't sure if it was a one-off or a BIOS problem.

The stress test made my video signal go bye bye. Now it's getting pissed at general Internet browsing...I tried to play tonight and got 2 kills in before it crashed. I updated the GeForce drivers and no change. I can't even browse these forums without it crashing. I'm posting from the computer my kids use. Ugh...I'm officially out of commission until I get this resolved :(

I appreciate the good will and charity of this community. Seriously, you guys and gals have no idea. I wasn't fishing for a handout, I was just struggling for this month's budget to include a new video card because my kids have been uncharacteristically sick the past 8 weeks and those bills have been coming in and eating through our family budget like a forest fire.

But in all seriousness, I told Butters that next month a donation to the clan server costs will be made on his behalf. That way, his good deed gets something he has no use for off his hands and can be flipped into something that the community will use.

I appreciate the good will and charity of this community. Seriously, you guys and gals have no idea. I wasn't fishing for a handout, I was just struggling for this month's budget to include a new video card because my kids have been uncharacteristically sick the past 8 weeks and those bills have been coming in and eating through our family budget like a forest fire.

But in all seriousness, I told Butters that next month a donation to the clan server costs will be made on his behalf. That way, his good deed gets something he has no use for off his hands and can be flipped into something that the community will use.

imho opinion a community is like a family.. You watch out for one another.  So if I had it I would of gave it willingly and  I think the fact that this occured makes me realize that OSG is one of the better communities I have been in in a long time.