Need help!!! Web Designers help me.

zutron

Web design is not my field but i need to create my web portfolio. So here is my problem. I did template on photoshop. Sliced it. Created RollOver buttons. But when im working with Dreamweaver here whats happening.

Internet Explored

[attachment=528:IEerror.jpg]

Opera everything is fine

[attachment=529:Opera.jpg]

First of all thank you guys for helping me out. Even without any luck still Thank you.

GallitinWhat kinda IE u were using? The thing is this problem appears only with IE 8 IE 9 and even with IE 10. And also Active X is messing some things too.

Kamekazi - When u r creating a website, in my case i was using Dreamweaver, u not creating it on specific browser. You creating it on special web program and then u r using browsers to do the live test on each step of your project, otherwise u will have a mess at the end. So in my case i stuck on my template. You have to test on each possible browser even on crappy Internet Explorer. There is a lot of not advanced users, im calling them Llamers (noobs), whos not familiar with anything else except IE. So i can't leave it just like that. It will show my unproffesionalism.

Dragoon - Same here. I tryed all possible things to fix it and no luck. I tried to delete double spacing using <br>, <tr> in scripting. <br> did nothing but tr made it even worst, each image started as new paragraph. That problem appeared only when i used rollover on my buttons.

I'm gonna try 1 thing and i think it will help. You c, i created template on photoshop, after i sliced it using slicing tool. But i made a big mistake, when i used slicing tool it created auto slice layers. So my template contain like 12 images 5 active and 7 auto slice layers. Im gonna try to use defferent way to slice it. And c what gonna happend. 1 found that sollution on the forum that Vanguard gave me, people saying that auto sliced layers Dreamweaver count as double layer, and Internet Explored messing and displacing images because of that.

Ohh god. I used to hate this.

This is just something that happens when you make templates in Photoshop. The thing is, unlike professional Templates (no offense brah) this whole Template is made up of pictures. That might seem good, but it becomes a problem when you are loading the web page and looking at it with certain browsers.

It's just something that happens with Photoshop Templates. I don't know if you've done this before, but you will likely later find that when you actually start putting lots of things on those pages, this will happen when you load the webpage - no matter what browser you are using.

My advice would be to stick with this Template for now, but learn how to make Templates in other ways with CSS and stuff while your current webpage is up.

But if it doesn't bother you too much you can probably just stick with this. It will work most of the time. If you're a Photo Editor or something of that nature, I'm not too sure what other Photo Editors will be using IE. N00bz use IE.

Okay, let me explain a few things. Doing what you're doing is very very very very very very old school. Yes, it looks awesome I will have to admit it. Now the problem you're going to run in, is that you're going to have to figure this problem out for every single page. I used to run into this problem all the time. Like I said, it looks awesome, but there is something in the coding that is wrong. Dreamweaver does have the function of checking things in different browsers. The only issue with doing what you're doing is that every page you have, you have to go in and change the coding no matter what. My suggestion is to run a CMS style page that when you change something as the template the whole "Web Page" as a whole takes the template into an effect. When web pages started getting big I ran into this problem running a web page that was for a car auto part place and had to change the site and ran into having to do it for every page. There are youtube video's on how to create your own CMS and I would say use things like Drupal, PHPNuke(not the best idea) or Joomla. There are programs out ther that will take your adobe template and chop it up for you but I think you have to pay for it. The template looks great I think these ideas will work for you.

SOLVED!!!

So... After no sleep i finally fixed it. All thanks to my stupidity in slicing and FallenHoot u r a genious! I even didnt notice that each rollover image didnt had no border tag.

Photoshop template i sliced using devide slice option. At the end i had only 4 buttons images, top and bottom. Then on each rollover buttons i used border="0" i omg src. And vuola.

Now new problem... I need help with.

I uploaded fixed template. Please check it out. So the problem is only with Home and About Me buttons. I dont know why but when u moving mouse over they r zooming lil bit. Anyone knows why?