Defuser Kits...

If there was one thing I could change about the public server settings it would be to stop giving CT's a free defuser kit. IMO, they get an advantage with not having to purchase a kit. There's been quite a few times in the last week where one terrorist will be alive, plants the bomb, defends against against 4-5 counter terrorists, dies with less than 4 seconds to go on the bomb explosion, and loses the round because the CT didn't have to buy a kit and got the defuse. Yes I know its trivial to spend $400 to get a kit, but I think it would even the playing field a bit, if the CT was forced into having to purchase a kit.

What are your thoughts on the subject?

I agree with you. I am torn personally because I love the old school way of having to buy all your ammo separate, armor, kits, etc separately as is the case with competitive mode. But I prefer a full server in casual mode over my personal preferences.

If there's a way to keep the casual settings as a whole while removing the automatic defuse kit I would be curious to see how the population reacted to it.

[quote name='Christine' timestamp='1358453963' post='6877']
lol im so out numbered do to my lazyness of purchasing a kit..... : ) .....so dont really affect me...since i prob wouldn't buy one if i had to.....i would just bait kitty and steal his : )
[/quote]

You already do that though regardless of having a free kit :P

I say lets do it. I think I even suggested this before however I was under the impression that making this change automatically switched the server from being a "casual" server to the other type which had an impact on our server population... Correct me if I am incorrect though?

Chaaaaaarrrrrrrgeeee!

[quote name='Christine' timestamp='1358453963' post='6877']
lol im so out numbered do to my lazyness of purchasing a kit..... : ) .....so dont really affect me...since i prob wouldn't buy one if i had to.....i would just bait kitty and steal his : )
[/quote]

You never survive long enough to defuse anyways.

BOOYA!

Chaaaaaarrrrrrrgeeee!

You are incorrect. Casual and Competitive have two different config files, gamesmode_casual.cfg and gamesmode_competitive.cfg. As far as I can tell, only one will run at a time. All that needs to be done is setting,mp_defuser_allocation 0. All other cvars are left untouched.

[quote name='Hilikus' timestamp='1358458578' post='6891']
You are incorrect. Casual and Competitive have two different config files, gamesmode_casual.cfg and gamesmode_competitive.cfg. As far as I can tell, only one will run at a time. All that needs to be done is setting,mp_defuser_allocation 0. All other cvars are left untouched.
[/quote]Maybe I am thinking about how it showed up on the server search?

I don't remember... All I remember is if certain cvars or server config changes were made, it made it either switch to competitive or wouldn't show...

actually as I wrote that I think I remember now... Something about it not using your server if someone hit "Join Casual" in the menus... Something like that.

Ah well, maybe I'm just flat out wrong. Wouldn't be the first time... It's happened like once or twice before. :-D

Chaaaaaarrrrrrrgeeee!

I like the non-auto defuse kits, but I also agree that buying armor should be secondary. The main thing that I don't like is they changed all the buy numbers and its taking me a long time to get used to it! I've never messed with binds enough but yes, that would be a solution for me.