SimCity 2013

gplaydee

What are your thoughts on it? I've heard a lot of negative things about the game. Gotta be constantly connected? I don't want SimCity MMO, dammit! I hear the focus is now all about the Sims themselves, instead of the city. What's up with the city size limit? I know SC fans are rabid, but the reviews that I've read make me shy away.

Gotta be constantly connected, just like D3.  There's been a lot of issues regarding server space.  It's not being managed very well, despite the gameplay being decent.  Could just be me, but i've ALWAYS loved the idea behind SimCity or theSims, so i'm very biased.  That being said, i'm more upset about the connectivity issues/crashes than the ones that happened when d3 came out.

My suggestion is that if you love the simcity games, wait a couple weeks for them to fix the bugs

Catzilla is one of the new natural disasters that they added, along with meteor showers. 

Seriously, meteor shower - look: 

SimCity-meteor-shower-610x240.jpg

Unfortunately I can't vouch for the catzilla disaster myself, but that's some pretty damning evidence previously posted. 

they aren't evil - they've just chosen their way of generating revenue. unfortunately it's not very customer-friendly. 

you don't have to buy the game.

I don't have to. I really would have wanted to though.

When a game gets that big, it almost doesn't belong to the publisher anymore. 

It belongs to the people. 

Me being part of the people - I wanted the SimCity that would live up to the series. 

I feel ignorant saying this... but they took a series which we loved in a completely different direction and crashed it into a hypothetical tree.