In the market for a new mouse

T.o.o.LBoneSAW

i guess i should have been more specific. Im looking for something with a dpi and great response, had a good weight to it, ( i dont like the logitechs with the adjustable weight things) Basically i want the best mouse i can find for gaming more specifically for FPS.

I think Razer is so popular because its so visible, and well i walk into best buy and the top of the line is razer i guess i get a razer.

I used a Logitech mx510 for years and I loved it, but they broke on me every year or year and a half after purchasing. They've remade the mx518 as the Logitech g400. However, I just switched to a Razer DeathAdder recently, and the build quality feels a lot better although it cost me about 10 bucks more. The braided cable will prevent it from breaking like the Logitechs did - the issues with the 510 for me was always a bend or fray in the cable. The DeathAdder took some getting used to, but I feel that it's ultimately more accurate than the mx518/g400. 

My brother has the Logitech g9x and loves it. It's the COD:MW3 edition because which was about 10 or 15 bucks cheaper than the standard one and came with a decent but somewhat small mouse pad which isn't being used. I've tried it and it has a good feel. The g9x has adjustable weights, but he pretty much used it right out of the box and he says it's heavy enough and accurate. The g9x also has two different grip plates which stick on it pretty well - there's a wider one and narrower one. I think the wider one is ideal for fps gaming. It also has a braided cable to prevent it from breaking as easily as some of the other Logitech models. In my opinion, the g9x is Logitech's equivalent for the DeathAdder if you were thinking about going that route. 

I recently got the Death Adder now and I'm a fan of it. I had an older version of the Orochi but I felt like the Hulk holding it, way too small for my hand. 

"You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you, they will stumble, they will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."

When the world says give up, hope whispers "try one more time"

Also if you feel like you're not getting solid performance out of the DeathAdder, try using these settings - a lot of people over the years have said that these work pretty well for fps:

500 Hz

450 dpi

Those have been pretty solid for me. Any higher for either of those and I haven't been able to aim properly. 

Logitechs have always been my favorite.

I'm using the G9x and I love it.

Tip: If you have a retail store near you and they sell a mouse that you are interested in, purchase it there. It may be a little more expensive, but at least you can easily return it if you don't like it.

I was always a Logitech guy at first. I've owned an mx518, G7, and a G9 but I took the plunge and bought a Razer Imperator about a year ago and I love it. It feels like the Deathadder and MS Intellipoint had a baby and named it Imperator. lol. I highly recommend it.

However, I have heard really good things about the rat mice.

the consensus "best" mouse as per all "professional" FPS gamers is the death adder, so...

I use one myself, and for what its worth, I think its pretty top notch, I previously have used logitech mx310, 510, 518, and the G5, and the death adder is pretty solid, nice feel, etc.

I Hope I'm not too late to the party but here goes:

I still have my original deathadder and it hasn't broken on me and usually the best mouse I have seen used for FPS are these:

Razer:

DeathAdder (palm/claw grip) Only get these two version (I don't know why the older one is most expensive its trippy mang):

Black Edition - Upgraded everything from the original, better mouse wheel no lights, kinda sexy..... 

2013 - I hear is amazing because of the side grips they added and upgraded the scroll wheel ALOT. It says you need to install the drivers no matter what but people just install them, set them to how they like and uninstall the drivers so it is locked at their favorite settings.

On Amazon: Middle of the page next to bottom right of picture  to go through the styles

http://www.amazon.com/Razer-DeathAdder-Essential-Ergonomic-RZ01-00840100-R3U1/dp/B00AAS888S/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367028861&sr=8-1-fkmr1&keywords=zowie+deathadder

Zowie:

EVO EC1 - Almost a replica of the Deathadder in terms of shape/size. Mouse wheel is a lot more stiff and clicky is the main difference I have heard from people that try to decide between razer and zowie. Also setting the DPI is super easy like holding mouse 1 and plugging it in sets a certain setting..

On Amazon: Kind of expensive but you should be able to find it cheaper somewhere else

http://www.amazon.com/ZOWIE-Optical-Gaming-EC1-eVo-Black/dp/B0080HLJGO/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1367029098&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=zowie+evo+ec1

FK - Ambidextrix mouse

Logitech:

mx518-> now the g400 classic mouse and is top notch. Get this if you prefer just palm grip and big time reliability

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Optical-Gaming-High-Precision-910-002277/dp/B0055QZ216/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1367029227&sr=1-2&keywords=g400

G400s - > essentially the same exact thing as the g400 but 20 bucks more. Better quality build and sensor

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-G400s-Optical-Gaming-910-003589/dp/B00BCEK2LA/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1367029227&sr=1-1&keywords=g400

the consensus "best" mouse as per all "professional" FPS gamers is the death adder, so...

I use one myself, and for what its worth, I think its pretty top notch, I previously have used logitech mx310, 510, 518, and the G5, and the death adder is pretty solid, nice feel, etc.

Good to know.  Have made a note of it.