Where is Everyone???

Puss in Boots

I just spent close to an hour trying to populate the server and I got a max of 5 other people in, that's it. No members, no recruits, 3 regulars. That's it. I know some people are out of town for the holidays, but I'm seeing people on my friends list playing other games instead of CS:GO a lot now. Our server has slipped out of the Top 100 servers because God knows why. I'm not going to crab too much since I haven't been on as much as I want to with my personal situations going on the past week and a half, but I've been hopping on whenever I can. Normally our server is busy all weekend and all evening on week days.

I just don't get it. Is it college/university finals for some? Work and personal deadlines getting in the way? Please just chime in with what the heck is going on because I'm really concerned about the steep dropoff in CS:GO server activity over the past week. Even when I couldn't play I'd monitor it and I've seen it just nose dive. And I'm just shocked that I couldn't get more than 6 people in our server just now.

So what gives? Does anyone else have any observations so we can get this turned around?

I asked a couple regulars and both were just finishing up college/university finals. It's just really concerning me that I see a few people saying they'll be gone, but I just wanted to make sure people aren't just jumping off the CS bandwagon to go to different games. We need everyone. :)

I was busy with my certification studying for my test that was on Friday.. On top of that my GF was in town and since I just moved out of state and away from her, and it was her first visit her, I tried to spend as much time with her when not studying as possible. Then then weekend came after I passed my certification so I spent the rest with her.

However I'll be on much more now. Let's get this server repopulated!!!

Let's keep it so we make it a point to get it populated. If you see it empty during usually busy hours, lets hop in there for at least 10-15 minutes and get it in. Thats how long it seems to take to get 5-6 people in minimum which seems to get the regulars on.

Chaaaaaarrrrrrrgeeee!

Yeah, this week and last week are finals weeks for most universities. Also, many people are moving in and out of university because of the end of the term. That, combined with being close to the holidays would be a good guess as to why things are pretty slow.

im usually on everyday after work for at least 2-4 hours the weekends a bit less due to the lady friend likes to get out and do things lol
but i have noticed the servers been a little short on people me and kitty have been trying to populate it quite a few times last week

Yup, I made sure to spend quite a bit on last time, and talk and have fun so people would be more inclined to come back.

Which brings up ANOTHER good point... We as OSG are a friendly bunch while also being competitive. The fact that our members communicate and are consistently trying to push their team toward victory is the reason people like playing with us. Lets all make a better effort in helping whatever team we are on succeed. Some of the best rounds I've ever been in are ones where the teams are dead even, people are playing smartly, and the game comes down to a 12-13 win\loss. People add servers to favorites for games like that. Lets make that happen more often!

Chaaaaaarrrrrrrgeeee!

[quote name='Walking-Decoy' timestamp='1355779087' post='5505']
Yup, I made sure to spend quite a bit on last time, and talk and have fun so people would be more inclined to come back.

Which brings up ANOTHER good point... We as OSG are a friendly bunch while also being competitive. The fact that our members communicate and are consistently trying to push their team toward victory is the reason people like playing with us. Lets all make a better effort in helping whatever team we are on succeed. Some of the best rounds I've ever been in are ones where the teams are dead even, people are playing smartly, and the game comes down to a 12-13 win\loss. People add servers to favorites for games like that. Lets make that happen more often!
[/quote]

Only if I can hear you scream like a girl every round for the rest of my life. And talking about bromances.