Favorite Country other than your own - AND - REASON WHY

darkcrypto23

[quote name='Mr K1tty' timestamp='1357928217' post='6557']
Middle Earth... i mean New Zealand. cause they have hobbits.
[/quote]

Would be cool to go there and check that out. You know they left the shire up?

Nice. Just don't get the Maurois mad :)

[quote name='Mr K1tty' timestamp='1357928217' post='6557']
Middle Earth... i mean New Zealand. cause they have hobbits.

Holland is a very close second though... cause they have windmills... haha, who am I kidding it's the coffee shops! <3
[/quote]

Interesting question. I desperately WANT to visit Egypt (loves me some ancient Egyptian culture and history) and Israel. It's not safe, but then again it never was and won't be any safer in the future than it is now.

I have to say my favorite country that I have visited outside of the US is Germany. Absolutely gorgeous city structures in urban cities as well as old cities. Love the centuries old churches and castles.

A notable mention is that I have a profound respect for the Polish people after visiting in 2008. I've never seen such a strong culture refuse to be crushed by centuries of other countries occupying and trying to drive them into the ground (i.e. Germany, Austria-Hungary in WWII, USSR after WWII.) They just refuse to lose their identity.

Honestly never left the country... but my top 5 in no particular order

1.) Iceland - supposed to have amazing natural Hot Springs
2.) Germany - The Beer/History
3.) Australia - They have one of the strongest economies right meow.
4.) Middle Earth - I was swayed by prior posts
5.) Ireland - The Cliffs of Moher

[quote name='Puss in Boots' timestamp='1357933502' post='6568']
I have to say my favorite country that I have visited outside of the US is Germany. Absolutely gorgeous city structures in urban cities as well as old cities. Love the centuries old churches and castles.
[/quote]

I have to say I enjoyed Germany too. I was very impressed, I've been lucky enough to have traveled abroad extensively and Germany definitely is towards the top.

=^.^=

#1 and #2. Moneyball.

[quote name='Reverend37' timestamp='1357938502' post='6578']
Honestly never left the country... but my top 5 in no particular order

1.) Iceland - supposed to have amazing natural Hot Springs
2.) Germany - The Beer/History
3.) Australia - They have one of the strongest economies right meow.
4.) Middle Earth - I was swayed by prior posts
5.) Ireland - The Cliffs of Moher
[/quote]

[quote name='FallenHoot' timestamp='1357948164' post='6587']
I have been to Norway for about three months of my life. The place is beautiful, great culture, great economy, and shit I will be moving to Norway next summer. Norway is right next to Sweden, which has the two best Counter-Strike teams in the world SK and NIP.
[/quote]

i lived in Norway (oslo) for 5 months on exchange while in University. it IS gorgeous, the people are ridiculously beautiful, everyone is healthy and cared for...but it has a hollow feeling about it. i think i was just surprised at how cold their culture is. i have maybe 2 friends from my time there that are norwegian. no one else would even give us the time of day.

but if you love nature and the outdoors, it's magical. A+. would visit again. wouldn't live there again.

Sweden though... sweden i would live in. great place

Northern lights and folklore. It's all good!!

[quote name='FallenHoot' timestamp='1357948164' post='6587']
I have been to Norway for about three months of my life. The place is beautiful, great culture, great economy, and shit I will be moving to Norway next summer. Norway is right next to Sweden, which has the two best Counter-Strike teams in the world SK and NIP.
[/quote]

[quote name='Element99' timestamp='1358008193' post='6609']
Dragoon, honey, if you read this, you now know that we are skipping your first country listed :-P
[/quote]

lol...

Germany is pretty cool. Totally worth checking out. I even got to spend a night in a castle. I also got a piece of Toledo steel while I was there (a sword)

Also... Ireland is is way up on my list.

=^.^=

Ireland as in Kathy. Good choice!!

[quote name='Mr K1tty' timestamp='1358011872' post='6610']
lol...

Germany is pretty cool. Totally worth checking out. I even got to spend a night in a castle. I also got a piece of Toledo steel while I was there (a sword)

Also... Ireland is is way up on my list.
[/quote]

• 2 weeks later...